S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Is Time Attack Racing?

Old 10-16-2017, 03:01 PM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by miamirice
absolutely. And everytime I go around turn 1 at Sebring...all alone, trying to qualify, near 100mph wondering if I bit off too much and will the right side tires hook up before the point of no return....that’s far more stressful than the argy bargy of trying to out brake somebody in a pack. I find trying to set the fastest lap the most stressful time on track vs race craft that happens in wheel-to-wheel......so again, I define any timed event racing.
lol that's like saying the most difficult day for a formula 1 driver or moto gp rider is saturday qualifying and not sunday race day

no RACE team pays for a 1 lap wonder if they can't deliver the goods on sunday
Old 10-16-2017, 03:43 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by gptoyz
lol that's like saying the most difficult day for a formula 1 driver or moto gp rider is saturday qualifying and not sunday race day

no RACE team pays for a 1 lap wonder if they can't deliver the goods on sunday
hey I was just speaking on my behalf. I am far more stressed racing against my best time then when I am in a pack.

Regarding Professional racing- there are lots of guys in the seat that can’t deliver the goods....but they bring the money.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:28 AM

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Mrsideways
Is the 100M dash in the Olympics Racing? Anytime your competing in an event against others were the fastest time/person wins it's racing. I don't care if your in a canoe or a miata. That said, Drifting is not racing. They are not trying to be the fastest.
That is nearly the dictionary definition: a competition between runners, horses, vehicles, boats, etc., to see which is the fastest in covering a set course.

That also means jumping competitions (long jump, high jump, pole vault), throwing competitions (discus, javelin), diving, martial arts (wrestling, boxing, judo, karate), and ball sports (football, baseball, basketball, soccer, tennis) are competitions but not racing even though they are objectively scored.

In many road racing classes, even the most competitive, many if not most of the drivers are effectively in a time trial after the first lap or so. They bunch up when the car in front is slower, but not slow enough in the right places to be passed.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:48 AM

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidNJ
That is nearly the dictionary definition: a competition between runners, horses, vehicles, boats, etc., to see which is the fastest in covering a set course.

That also means jumping competitions (long jump, high jump, pole vault), throwing competitions (discus, javelin), diving, martial arts (wrestling, boxing, judo, karate), and ball sports (football, baseball, basketball, soccer, tennis) are competitions but not racing even though they are objectively scored.

In many road racing classes, even the most competitive, many if not most of the drivers are effectively in a time trial after the first lap or so. They bunch up when the car in front is slower, but not slow enough in the right places to be passed.
Yea, In racing usually it's lap 1 and MAYBE lap 2 then your all alone till the end occasionally dealing with lap traffic and maybe catching someone as their tires fall off. Usually they are easy pickings when they start coming back to you. I don't know why but I always had a strong car at the end of the race and it was pretty common to pick off the 2 or 3 in front of me on the last 2 laps. I won a fair amount of races 2 laps from the end. But usually it was an easy pass as their car/tires/brain was used up at that point.

But I've gone back to Autox now... you ask why? Cause the racing is better and the talent is deeper and there's far less cheating.

Last edited by Mrsideways; 10-17-2017 at 07:52 AM.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:18 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

NASA is cool and all to show how big your wang is but being able to have fun, drive fast, and great overall environment is what makes this fun for me (s2kc and vtec club). NASA in SoCal was not fun lol Guys build a TT4 car...cant drive for shit then register as "Team Hemisphere 2" so hired "pro" driver can hot shoe it around track lol they still couldn't take 1st :P The environment is not fun and friendly lol I just want to go fast and have fun....racing!! yayayay lol
Old 10-18-2017, 05:12 AM

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by f20kills
NASA is cool and all to show how big your wang is but being able to have fun, drive fast, and great overall environment is what makes this fun for me (s2kc and vtec club). NASA in SoCal was not fun lol Guys build a TT4 car...cant drive for shit then register as "Team Hemisphere 2" so hired "pro" driver can hot shoe it around track lol they still couldn't take 1st :P The environment is not fun and friendly lol I just want to go fast and have fun....racing!! yayayay lol
That might be how you boys roll out in Cali, but that definitely isn't how NASA rolls in the rest of the country. Come on out and battle our NASA TTC and TT4 S2000s driven by the owners.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:39 AM

The car Im referring to is a BMW. I assumed cars register as a "team" that use multiple drivers in other areas than SoCal but I guess not. Im the only s2000 (actually one more I think) in TT4 here in SoCal. S2000s in SoCal do more SLB, SVs, and Vtec Club. NASA SoCal maybe has a handful with licenses.

Side note...AZ NASA boys were a blast to run with at Chuckwalla!!! SoCal NASA is more business than fun......lol
Old 10-18-2017, 10:20 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The car Im referring to is a BMW. I assumed cars register as a "team" that use multiple drivers in other areas than SoCal but I guess not. Im the only s2000 (actually one more I think) in TT4 here in SoCal. S2000s in SoCal do more SLB, SVs, and Vtec Club. NASA SoCal maybe has a handful with licenses.

Side note...AZ NASA boys were a blast to run with at Chuckwalla!!! SoCal NASA is more business than fun......lol
Sounds like an anomaly, NASA Norcal has a great atmosphere! I recently started TT with them (TTC) but haven't seen other S2ks. In my short experience (2 events), TTC in Norcal is mostly E36s with a very fast Mercedes 190E leading the pack.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by LeonV
Sounds like an anomaly, NASA Norcal has a great atmosphere! I recently started TT with them (TTC) but haven't seen other S2ks. In my short experience (2 events), TTC in Norcal is mostly E36s with a very fast Mercedes 190E leading the pack.

Our joke in our group of buds....."What class do you run?? TTDQ" lol

Don't get me wrong there are some cool guys that race but the people running the event, not fun lol. They showed zero interest in "helping" with our questions with smart remarks lol. "can you read...??" yes I can but just because I can read doesn't mean I understand what I'm reading lmfao Why do you think Im asking lol Not a big deal but it sets the tone especially when thats how I'm approached my 1st time there. They come off very irritated with everything hahah

But whatever...The events I went to I took 1st at all of them even beating off (no hands too) the E36 BMW with hired hot shoe. Its all good. Just not chill and fun like S2KC and Vtec Club.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:48 AM

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

Our joke in our group of buds....."What class do you run?? TTDQ" lol

haha ours is TTfU