S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Upgraded Motor & Trans Mounts

Old 05-09-2017, 11:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 for Spoon. Very similar to OEM but engine feels solid and in place, and the upgraded trans mount included helped slightly with shifting. Definitely not anywhere as harsh compared to Innovative/Hasport in their softest setting. If comfort is not of concern, the other two are perfect for the bill, but daily driveability was one thing I wanted to keep.

Link for the blog post that my friend made for my install/review:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thes2kandtheant.com/2016/06/05/parts-reviewdiy-spoon-engine-transmission-mount-set-s2000-ap12/amp/
Old 05-10-2017, 08:53 AM

Received 125 Likes on 108 Posts

I went with the Spoon set from RHDJapan, because it came with a transmission brace for about the same price as a set of Mugen engine & transmission mounts. I don't have them installed yet.
My set up:
- Spoon engine and transmission mounts
- ASM transmission brace
- NRG Engine torque damper(street setting) with Puddymod racing bracket
Old 05-11-2017, 11:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jackmugen02
I went with the Spoon set from RHDJapan, because it came with a transmission brace for about the same price as a set of Mugen engine & transmission mounts. I don't have them installed yet.
My set up:
- Spoon engine and transmission mounts
- ASM transmission brace
- NRG Engine torque damper(street setting) with Puddymod racing bracket
x2 I went with the spoon mounts from rhdjapan. Took less than two weeks to arrive from the day I ordered them. They also have coupons for first time buyers
Old 05-13-2017, 07:01 PM

Received 563 Likes on 394 Posts

Megan Racing motor and trans. I'm happy with them. Fixed up the slop, no more difficulty shifting when on track and the car has side load on it going through a turn.

The car is streetable, but there was definitely an increase in NVH. I don't know what it was before, but at idle, in my car was 85db when brand new install. They've gone down to around 80db at idle. I used the decibel meter app on my phone.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:38 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I installed the Hasport 88A motor mounts and diff mounts. Quality pieces and perfect fit. Would recomment however, if you want a complete set, you will need to source a Transmission mount elsewhere as Hasport does not make it.
The following users liked this post:
freq (05-15-2017)
Old 05-15-2017, 11:11 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

I installed some Med/75a diff mounts and thought they added a nice bump in firm feel with a slight bit of added vibration at freeway speeds when light on/off cruising throttle and I can deal with that to a point. I know my trans and motor mounts are not far from the grave. This is still primarily a street car so I do not want to add annoying vibration wile car idling or cruising. Should I stick to replacing with OEM mounts or is 60A -75A a good call for trans/motor? Id like to reduce drivetrain movement, but not if its going to be a compromise.
Old 05-15-2017, 07:35 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
I installed some Med/75a diff mounts and thought they added a nice bump in firm feel with a slight bit of added vibration at freeway speeds when light on/off cruising throttle and I can deal with that to a point. I know my trans and motor mounts are not far from the grave. This is still primarily a street car so I do not want to add annoying vibration wile car idling or cruising. Should I stick to replacing with OEM mounts or is 60A -75A a good call for trans/motor? Id like to reduce drivetrain movement, but not if its going to be a compromise.
Not sure if you have been following this other thread with some updated info, but post #41 states OEM durometer is 55, so to me between 60 and 70 sounds reasonable. I don't know if Megan is the same as Hard Race, but the folks at buyhardrace told me the Hard Race transmission street mounts (designated by the S after the part number) is only slightly stiffer than OEM.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:23 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by Vitt
Not sure if you have been following this other thread with some updated info, but post #41 states OEM durometer is 55, so to me between 60 and 70 sounds reasonable. I don't know if Megan is the same as Hard Race, but the folks at buyhardrace told me the Hard Race transmission street mounts (designated by the S after the part number) is only slightly stiffer than OEM.
No I didnt catch that. Good to know. Thanks.
Old 05-16-2017, 02:48 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
I run the hasport 70a motor mounts. At first It had a vibration that would get my fingers numb after a 4h drive. But once "broken in" they are just prefect. With a little rumble at idle.

Never tried the 62a but one thing for shure is the way hasport made there support they eliminated a lot of vibration just because the bolts are sideways instead of upward. ( not shure how to explain ) but my guess is the 62 should be a good upgrade for street since it's a bit stiffer then oem ( which were totally fine new ) and as a diferent angle of support.
Old 05-16-2017, 03:53 AM

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Spoon also has these engine mount collars that they say restrict the movement of the mount. It retains the rubber engine mount (which they claim is 14 kgf/mm vs 6 kgf/mm for OEM). The Spoon site says (in Japanese) that it isn't for street use.

Quick Reply: Upgraded Motor & Trans Mounts