S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

**Video** Z vs S2K

Old 12-02-2004, 12:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=StinkyTofu,Dec 2 2004, 12:20 PM] Nice race, i'm not surprised at all by the outcome I always give a thumbs up to Z and G35 owners when i'm on the road.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Alberto,Dec 2 2004, 03:11 PM
I didnt post this over here to say "look a 350Z is faster than an S2000 !" I posted it because I thought you guys would like to see a video with an S2000 involved. Obviously my Z is modded more than that S, and obviously MY Z is faster than THAT specific S2K...I never said that every Z will own an S2K. You guys took it the wrong way. I am a car enthusiast, I watch vids posted online from all makes and models, I like watching street racing vids-even if a Z loses, or if their is no Z in the video....figured you guys would be the same, but instead you guys start with excuses and such...trying to argue points that Im not trying to argue---> like saying "find an S2K modded like yours and see what happens".....if i could find an S2K with a bunch of N/A bolt-ons I would love to race it, and I would record it, and I would post it win or lose. And yes some of you are insecure if your personally attacking me over a video I made for fun-like the guy from Vegas saying he'd smoke me, or the s/c guy saying "find a modded S"...we made the video for FUN, not to be the end all debate on the Z vs S2K topic, and start $hit on forums. If nobody would have replied I wouldnt lose sleep at night, I simply posted it so you guys could see it, I didnt realize until later that 9Kfever who also comes on the Z boards to post his videos, had posted about this race in another thread.
I have no problems with the video, but for you to come here and say you're not trying to make any assumptions about the Z vs. s2k, well your original post contradicts that ...

If you came on here and said that you raced your friend's cousin's S2000 and you beat him but that was the expected turnout because you've got more mods than he does ... then fine, I think most people can accept that.

And up until your last paragraph in your original post, thats the way it seemed. But your last paragraph starts to make assumptions about the Z vs. the s2k, and you also sound like you're boasting that you've never lost to an s2000.

Read this again and from our perspective, how would you take it?:

Obviously the Z is faster down low and up-top. FYI-before I had all these mods we raced and the outcome would still be the same, just not as bad-we are both decent drivers, and I have NEVER lost to that S2K-and with my friend behind the wheel, its the best an S2K has ever done against me. FYI my stock specs 2.052 60ft---13.77 @ 101.4 I trap 104+ Now with my bolt-ons...
I understand where you're coming from and I'm not trying to flame you or start anything, I'm just saying from some of the S2000 owner's perspective you sound like you're posting this up here as an attack. Specifically if you re-read your last paragraph.

Maybe what you meant to say was that your Z is obviously faster than your friend's cousin's S2000 and that you've raced many times before and the results have always been pretty much the same. But thats not the way it came out sounding... Not to me at least.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:46 PM

[QUOTE=LiQiCE,Dec 2 2004, 01:20 PM] I have no problems with the video, but for you to come here and say you're not trying to make any assumptions about the Z vs. s2k, well your original post contradicts that ...

If you came on here and said that you raced your friend's cousin's S2000 and you beat him but that was the expected turnout because you've got more mods than he does ... then fine, I think most people can accept that.

And up until your last paragraph in your original post, thats the way it seemed.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Alberto,Dec 2 2004, 05:52 AM
Man I hate people that dont know what the hell they are talking about-330 hp lol...I like how you pulled that out of your a$$. Intake and clutch and your S "would" stomp me? What do you trap in the 1/4 mile ? When I had 242 whp I trapped 104 mph in the 1/4, I now have 262 whp....you really think you could pull me? I dont think so. I havent seen an S2K trap over 102 stock or with bolt-ons. And Im not here to argue-people can have disagreements without getting all childish you know....

P.S. I havent lost to an S2K yet...even when I was bone stock.
LOL, 287 hp stock Z, dynoes, 225-235 rwhp. weird, 262 rwhp now, seems your a bit over 310 ay, guess my (pulled out of ass guess) was pretty darn close. if your not close to 330 might as well trade that bucket in. 4 bolt ons gained 15 hp. must suck. i was given you credit guy.
and yes, as always he might as well be my lawyer. PM boyracers2k. he has seen my car go. vs everything you can think of.
13.80@ 105.5 mph. anyways im done arguing next is the video ive been talking on for way too long. laters all. dave
Old 12-02-2004, 06:24 PM

[QUOTE=S2oooNvegas,Dec 2 2004, 06:53 PM]
Old 12-03-2004, 04:17 AM

[QUOTE=S2oooNvegas,Dec 2 2004, 06:53 PM]
Old 12-03-2004, 08:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alberto... Z's suck. Just because they go a hair faster in a straight line does not make them better overall to an S. I fully understand that I will come off like a total dick in this post but I'm sorry to say that I really do think Z's suck.

I used to think they were cool and fast and I had a respect for them when I saw them on the road. That was until the day I got to auto-x one for many, many runs. It was an awkward, clumsy, numb, severely understeering piece of poop. I hit the rev limiter again and again before I started getting used to the car. The engine's "song" was uncomunicative and had a very short range. I guess that could be because I'm so used to the nature of the 9k rpm redline. It even had 275 r-compound tires all around and it still understeered like a mini van. Don't get me started on the body roll and clanky suspension parts and how poorly it transitioned it's weight. It's weight, holy crap, that's a whole other story. Yikes.

Oh well... forget it. I'm not flaming you or getting riled up about the vid. I didn't even watch it. I'm just expressing how I feel about the Z now that I've raped one. By contrast the first day I auto-xed my S I was blown away by how awesome it was.

Straight line performance is for knuckle draggers and people with small penises.

BTW, Alberto, you sound like a pretty cool guy... this is not entended to be a personal attack. Peace out.
Old 12-03-2004, 08:26 AM

can't we all just get along????
Old 12-03-2004, 09:14 AM

[QUOTE=Alberto,Dec 2 2004, 11:37 AM] A lot of you guys have huge internet cocks---telling me to pick on an S as modded as me-LMAO. I didnt race the S to see who would win, my and my friend already knew, we just raced for FUN!
Old 12-03-2004, 09:57 AM

i just read every post on this thread, and honestly...alberto doesnt make sense. he keeps saying how he "isnt talking shit" but he keeps saying immediately after that, that "ill have no problems beating n/a s2000s". also, i think the comment from the s2000 owner of "race an s2000 with the same/similar mods" is a valid statement. a properly driven (shifting at 9k) s2000 with the same mods shouldnt have a problem with your Z, seriously. joeking actually posted a video of a Z vs. his S2000 (Z had plenum/intake w/ passenger, S2000 was stock with 18's, no passenger.) The Z responds better to mods (due to the efficiency of the F20C), and thats why i think the Z *started* to pull away in joeking's video. people either need to race STOCK vs. STOCK, or with similar mods to settle the Z vs. S debate. its otherwise. also, comparing trap speeds has nothing to do with highway racing, on that note, there are plenty of "n/a s2000s" that will hand your ass to you, you just havent found them yet.
-Chris
ps - stop racing s2000s with aem stickers when all they have is an exhaust

Quick Reply: **Video** Z vs S2K