S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Lol at supercharged firebird

Old 04-04-2009, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lol at supercharged firebird

I just got a s2k and I drove it down to Wichita to visit some family. Since I had just gotten the car I was just cruising the streets looking for some ladies with the top down when I pulled up next to a red firebird. I'm not sure what year it was as it was dark, but it was a newer model. There was some traffic in front of us so I just stayed with him for a while to wait for a good chance. We were in a 45 mph zone but once we got a good chance we slowed down to about 20, maybe a little less. He rolled down the window and just yelled over launch whenever you're ready. He thought that he had me because he didn't know much about the s2k, he just saw a Honda and laughed a bit. I down shifted to first and hit it, I got 4-5 car lengths ahead by the time I shifted to second. I held the lead through the top of third and I was going about 95. I started slowing down when I saw some tail lights up ahead. When I slowed down, I tapped the brakes so he saw that I wasn't still going...As he pulled up next to me, I heard a whine and realized that he had a super charger. We ended up stopped at a light behind some traffic and we talked a bit. He asked me what I was running and I told him just intake(which is true.) I told him that I had a 2.0l 4 cyl and he didn't believe me. I then asked what all he had and he confirmed that he did in fact have a super charger. The light changed after that and we found a good chance and roll-raced again. This time we went on 3 honks and it was a pretty even race. He got a little ahead, but we ended up about even from second through third. I felt really good knowing that I could roll with this car. I think from a dig, he would probably have gotten me, but the v-tec amazed me. I knew the car was quick, but I'm in love now. I'm running a '01 spa yellow Ap1. All stock except for a top with the glass back window, and a k&n highflow. Another good run for a s2k!
Old 04-04-2009, 07:32 PM

so it was a supercharged v6?
Old 04-04-2009, 08:25 PM

^lol. must be. A supercharged 3.8 is actually really quick thouh. stock 3.8L takes on mustangs decetly (01~year stang GT's)
Old 04-04-2009, 08:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

must of been a heck of an intake. wow.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:51 PM

I think he probably didn't down shift in the first race which gave me the jump on him. He said it was the v8. I didn't see if it was the trans-am package or not, but he claimed it was. I was really surprised. He might not have been the best driver, and I also have always driven a stick, so I'm pretty good at the wheel. I think he had the quicker car, but based on this encounter, no one would have known. I could sure take him on a road course though, those things can't turn like the s can. He really underestimated the car just because it's a Honda.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by s2k aok,Apr 4 2009, 08:37 PM
must of been a heck of an intake. wow.
It has the biggest cone filter I've ever seen. The previous owner claimed that it gave me 15 hp extra. I don't know if it's that much, but it has to help. You can hear it sucking air. I'm going to be getting a hks exhaust soon. That should help.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:24 AM

good kill, i think his car was broken.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:50 AM

After the "race" I bet he called up his buddies and told him how he just made some honda boys day by only shifting at 3500.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by s2000isu,Apr 5 2009, 05:50 AM
After the "race" I bet he called up his buddies and told him how he just made some honda boys day by only shifting at 3500.
Ha. Possibly. That or he lied about having a supercharger and his car had something really wrong with it. He was a good sport though. Not one of the people who give you the finger and cut you off after you beat them.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Former Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to s2ki!!

So, yeah...any normal v6 or v8 supercharged Firebird or Camaro will pretty easily walk away from us. Actually, an SC v8 would butt rape a near stock s2k so bad it would be an embarrassment to even admit running...for the F-body driver. And they could do it in pretty much any gear...including 6th.

And you'll soon find, there really isn't a bolt on that will give 15whp...especially not an intake.

Quick Reply: Lol at supercharged firebird