S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

My 03 GTI vs unknown S2k in San Diego

Old 02-09-2007, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bboy AJ,Feb 9 2007, 02:10 PM
If this is true, the S2k didn't realize he was racing you.

Then comes sixth gear, we are at maybe 120-125ish when he starts giving me trouble. Right on my ass (drafting too I bet), he then changes lanes to overtake me but we had to shut down due to traffic.
I'm sure he cruises around town at 125-130.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bboy AJ,Feb 9 2007, 02:10 PM
If this is true, the S2k didn't realize he was racing you.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:38 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 02-09-2007, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by versionJDM,Feb 9 2007, 04:56 PM
Yeah I would have to agree with this...With only those two mods..Buddy of mine use to have a fully bolt-on 1.8T..Still on stock turbo though, but litterally every bolt-on you can add...put down 210 or 215 Front WHP with more torque...anyway I use to hear his B.S. stories all the time...He supposidly ran this car or that one...and honestly I always believed them...Well one day I bumped into him on the road...And we line up...I yell out "45?"..and he wouldn't speed up....so im like oook...I ask 25?...No he's sitting right at 35mph in 2nd gear waiting to start the race..At 1st I was like, nooo...(out of VTEC) Telling him to speed up a little bit...But he wouldn't!! Long annoying yelling short...Im at like 37 in 2nd when the race starts....Were off...EVEN WITHOUT BEING IN VTEC, I WAS BASICALLY RIGHT NEXT TO HIM, with him having a little bit of momentum...Im thinking in my head he's dead when I get into my powerband...Sure enough after what seemed like 10 seconds (37-45, lol) Tech turns on, and I stop his pull and by the time he shifted into 3rd I was already gaining..I shift into 3rd and just keep on passing..by the end of my 3rd gear I was a good car and 1/2 up on him..I put it into 4th just to make a statement, and he lets off...I slow down to talk and see if everything was alright and to see if I could get a better run (to my liking) and he was like, "what for" and declined my offer. Now being that this is a friend of mine, I seen him like 3 days later at a little gathering...and guess what the topic was...All he did was make excuses, and tell me how he's throwing on a 75 wet shot and is gonna run 11's!! Lol, I was like sure whatever you say bro. Not giving any credit to my S2000. The mods on my S2000 were just I/E and a VAFC at the time. Anyways, fast foward like 3 months and the guy desides to throw on an upgraded turbo...Finally he got smart, and he got his revenge on me then! But he also had an E.T. of 13.0@109!! 1 week after I got pulled, my buddy was at the track trying to break into the 12's...And he blew up!! Lol...He ended up having an 11 second GTI at one point..But it took him litterally 3 motors to get there. God only knows how much $$!
Old 02-09-2007, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by versionJDM,Feb 9 2007, 02:19 PM
the last one i raced was a 05 Jetta GLI with 1.8T with "all" the bolt ons. it was on our way down to a dyno day. i put 3-4 cars on him from 60-125. he later put 205whp/245wtq on the same dyno i pull on.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:09 PM

Do you know the difference in horsepower between a "full bolt on 1.8t" and my 2 mod 1.8t? Maybe like 5whp. On a stock turbo, aside from software and a turboback, intercooler/ water/meth, everything else is a gimmick. I raced and I lost, how hard is that to believe? Would you have liked me to slam the brakes as soon as he floored it, so as to stroke some of your egos?
Old 02-09-2007, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by 20aeman,Feb 9 2007, 03:09 PM
Do you know the difference in horsepower between a "full bolt on 1.8t" and my 2 mod 1.8t? Maybe like 5whp. On a stock turbo, aside from software and a turboback, intercooler/ water/meth, everything else is a gimmick. I raced and I lost, how hard is that to believe? Would you have liked me to slam the brakes as soon as he floored it, so as to stroke some of your egos?
Old 02-09-2007, 03:04 PM

I don't think they are stroking their egos so much as they are explaining why they believe your story may be exaggerated or incomplete.

I too, have pulled modded GTI's like they weren't trying, and that's with a bone stock S2k. I can understand why they would think the S2k driver might not have been trying, especially if it was modded.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:07 PM

I believe the story,
My gti has chip/intake/dp/tip and it slowly pulls on s2k rolling race upto 100mph equal drivers. never done faster than that but I am gussnig s2k would pull on me on top end.
as for other cars, 350z,evo8, usually driver's race with my gti and pulls on g35c,rx8..
Old 02-09-2007, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by versionJDM,Feb 9 2007, 01:56 PM
Everyone needs to get off this poor kid's back.

"Anything can happen on the street"

Isn't that what everyone says when some lightly modded S2K pulls on an M3 or an LS1 and the BS flags start waving?

The forgiveness should go both ways.

There is nothing absurd about this guy's story. He said he floored his GTI and jumped 2-3 car lengths out. The S2K was unprepared and probably in the wrong gear but still pulled back all that distance and prepared to pass. And on the second run he lost completely "passed like I was standing still." The GTI owner already admitted to a loss, and by a pretty sizable margin. You may not agree with his speculations on why he lost, heat soak, drafting, etc, but it remains that the facts he presented are within the realm of reason.

All these people are waving BS flags and calling him a liar just because his story doesn't match the perfect scenerio they have laid out in their minds, or other races they've seen. Well the fact is you didn't see this race, between these two cars. No street race comes out exactly as predicted. Who are you to say with such certainty that he was BSing?

Hell I've lost plenty of races I should of easily won, and I've seen plenty of races won that should have been easily lost. I think every person who's ever raced on the streets has seen unpredictable outcomes.

He came onto this board to tell a story and find a poster. Let me be the first to say good loss, and I hope you find the S2k guy to exchange props.

Quick Reply: My 03 GTI vs unknown S2k in San Diego