S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

5 Things that bug me about the S2000

Old 08-05-2016, 01:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 5 Things that bug me about the S2000

For those who don't want to watch the video:
  • Tightness
  • Trunk Space
  • Visibility
  • MPG
  • Squeaks/ Rattles
What bugs You about the S2000?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ670...ature=youtu.be
Old 08-05-2016, 01:34 PM

Received 222 Likes on 165 Posts

What bugs me? Not much. Just took a 2.5 week 5000 mile round trip in mine with 2 people. Comfortable and sufficient trunk space. A little noisy, though but hey...... MPG ranged from mid 20s to nearly 29 at well beyond "rather high" speeds. Don't be a pussy.
Old 08-05-2016, 01:47 PM

Received 340 Likes on 277 Posts

i like how tight it is- fat people don't.
trunk is fine for my needs- i usually just cut my victims up into little pieces and they just fit fine in the trunk.
Top down- no visibility problems but top up, yeah, the top has blind spots. But i have mad skills backing up so i can deal.
Gas is cheap- in fact, i encourage wanton waste of gas in the pursuit of speed.

I can't think of anything i don't like about it...maybe, that i don't own 2 of them and that honda stopped producing them. oh, and the stock stereo sucks.

But, since you asked.

darcy
Old 08-05-2016, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by SheDrivesIt
What bugs me? Not much. Just took a 2.5 week 5000 mile round trip in mine with 2 people. Comfortable and sufficient trunk space. A little noisy, though but hey...... MPG ranged from mid 20s to nearly 29 at well beyond "rather high" speeds. Don't be a pussy.
I love the s2000, it's my daily so these things have bugged me at some point. I average around 16 MPG, so I definitely don't baby it. How was that road trip by the way? It'd be nice to do one at some point.
Old 08-05-2016, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by darcyw
trunk is fine for my needs- i usually just cut my victims up into little pieces and they just fit fine in the trunk.
Top down- no visibility problems but top up, yeah, the top has blind spots. But i have mad skills backing up so i can deal.

I can't think of anything i don't like about it...maybe, that i don't own 2 of them and that honda stopped producing them. oh, and the stock stereo sucks.

But, since you asked.

darcy
Yeah, I also forgot to add that you can't put your top down while rolling lol
Old 08-05-2016, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S2ALEXIS
Originally Posted by darcyw' timestamp='1470433648' post='24033248

But, since you asked.

darcy
There's an easy fix for that, you gotta pull a plug that's located in "mexican border crossing" secret compartment.

I have a hardtop, so no visibility or noise issues. Ground clearance can be an issue on some parts of the road, but my MPG is around a solid 30mg when I actually keep it in 6th and not try to speed.
Old 08-05-2016, 02:50 PM

Received 1,263 Likes on 955 Posts

Originally Posted by SheDrivesIt
Don't be a pussy.

LOL
Old 08-05-2016, 02:52 PM

Received 1,263 Likes on 955 Posts

I love the s2000, it's my daily so these things have bugged me at some point. I average around 16 MPG, so I definitely don't baby it. How was that road trip by the way? It'd be nice to do one at some point.
16mpg?!! I don't baby mine either....and I have never got such bad mpg. Do you only drive it in traffic? Lots of idling? Donuts? Burnouts? dAng!
Old 08-05-2016, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by B serious

16mpg?!! I don't baby mine either....and I have never got such bad mpg. Do you only drive it in traffic? Lots of idling? Donuts? Burnouts? dAng!
Yeah it's pretty terrible. Maybe my math was wrong. But I do a lot of highway driving. 4500 RPM.
Old 08-05-2016, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by BlakeKleinCalabrese
Originally Posted by S2ALEXIS' timestamp='1470434173' post='24033258
[quote name='darcyw' timestamp='1470433648' post='24033248']

But, since you asked.

darcy
There's an easy fix for that, you gotta pull a plug that's located in "mexican border crossing" secret compartment.

I have a hardtop, so no visibility or noise issues. Ground clearance can be an issue on some parts of the road, but my MPG is around a solid 30mg when I actually keep it in 6th and not try to speed.
[/quote]
I've seen the plug thing. And I also want a hardtop, eventually I'll get one, I don't drive with my top down much. Do you keep your hardtop on all the time?

Quick Reply: 5 Things that bug me about the S2000