S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.
View Poll Results: What age group are you in
0-21
16.59%
22-30
46.08%
31-40
15.44%
41-50
7.37%
51-60
6.45%
61 Plus
8.06%
Voters: 434. You may not vote on this poll

Age Poll

Old 04-24-2011, 06:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Age Poll

Recently there as been a number of new post that would lead one to believe that tha age of the user of this forum has gotten younger ie: Does your car help you get laid or how fast can I make a 90 degree turn and a bunch of mod questions.
Not trying to slam anyone, just seems because of the questions being asked, that the average age must be younger then years ago.

I'll start, just turned 59, did the corvette thing for many years. Sold a 2008 C6 and missed having a toy so I bought a S2000 and will never go back to the Vetts!
Old 04-24-2011, 06:23 AM

Sir, I cant take you seriously when youve spelled it "pole" .
Old 04-24-2011, 06:32 AM

My Pole is not your business.

Btw, This POLL wont be really an accurate in that not all younger people (Im 21 for instance) are "irresponsible or immature"
Old 04-24-2011, 06:37 AM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

yes, the average age is getting a lot younger. just stroll through the introduction section. it seems like every day someone under the age of 18 buys an S (or has their parents buy them one). as the maturity level drops so does the quality of the forum. there has been a massive decline in this forum in the last year (has nothing to do with the site upgrade). I hate to say it but in another year or two this will be another honda-tech. And why wouldn't it since all the guys from honda-tech are now coming to this site. The trash talking and fighting have gotten worse since the value of these cars dropped. With motos like "The louder the prouder" becoming common talk, the inevitable downfall is all too apparent.

- sorry just felt like ranting for a little. I always feared the civic crews would eventually move to the S2000, but I was hoping they could mature a little before doing so. That didn't happen.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:02 AM

^ I agree
I don't, however, think it's the age of people coming on here, as that is not an accurate depiction of one's maturity level, it's just the crowd that is migrating to the S. It's definitely unfortunate, but luckily there are still a lot of great, quality owners on here to keep the site positive and helpful.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:08 AM

Pole or poll, what can I say, spell check can either make you look smart or stupid!

Actually I'm hoping that all the ricer guys keep modding and daily driving the S. That will make mine all the more special.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:15 AM

I figured once the car became affordable the demographic would change dramatically, and will continue to do so over the years. That's just how it is. It is after all a Honda, and was once a dream years ago has now become a reality for younger drivers who love Hondas.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by dc2-2-ap1
yes, the average age is getting a lot younger. just stroll through the introduction section. it seems like every day someone under the age of 18 buys an S (or has their parents buy them one). as the maturity level drops so does the quality of the forum. there has been a massive decline in this forum in the last year (has nothing to do with the site upgrade). I hate to say it but in another year or two this will be another honda-tech. And why wouldn't it since all the guys from honda-tech are now coming to this site. The trash talking and fighting have gotten worse since the value of these cars dropped. With motos like "The louder the prouder" becoming common talk, the inevitable downfall is all too apparent.

- sorry just felt like ranting for a little. I always feared the civic crews would eventually move to the S2000, but I was hoping they could mature a little before doing so. That didn't happen.
So true, which is why I spend much more time on miata.net instead of here. I'm 42 and I really love my S2K and wish I could share it with more people who respect it with more maturity. Like was mentioned before though, eventually most will be wrecked or ruined with a bunch of after market crap in the not too distant future leaving us older guys with the remaining tighter knit community and highly sought after unmolested cars on the roads.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:53 AM

I'm 20 something, went to college but dropped out since there's really nothing more they could teach me. I like flashy, loud cars that just scream, "Look at me". The louder it is the better. And once I have them looking my way, I'll dazzle them with my huge picnic table rear wing and 3000 db thumper sound system. I really have no personality but the slammed car makes me "All that".
Girls love me because they think I'm cool and have lots of money. I don't tell them I saved for 5 years working in the back of Dairy Queen. When a really nice, cheap S2000 came along, I was a little short but my dad loaned me the rest of the money cause I promised I'd go back and finish school. I told him I'm going to be a doctor one day. He wanted to buy me a Benz AMG but I said an S2000 will do.
I've already got my next mod planned. Carbon fiber everything baby! Means I'll have to flip a few more burgers but it's so worth it to look so cool. Mind you, I can't see past next Tuesday and there's this even taller wing with an "F1" sticker on the ends that ought to get me a few more girls. And really, anyone over the age of 35 has no business driving a car like this. You should be driving a Prius and saving my planet.
Oh, and yeah ............................... I AM all that!
Old 04-24-2011, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by haywoodjablome
I'm 20 something, went to college but dropped out since there's really nothing more they could teach me. I like flashy, loud cars that just scream, "Look at me". The louder it is the better. And once I have them looking my way, I'll dazzle them with my huge picnic table rear wing and 3000 db thumper sound system. I really have no personality but the slammed car makes me "All that".
Girls love me because they think I'm cool and have lots of money. I don't tell them I saved for 5 years working in the back of Dairy Queen. When a really nice, cheap S2000 came along, I was a little short but my dad loaned me the rest of the money cause I promised I'd go bank and finish school. I told him I'm going to be a doctor one day. He wanted to buy me a Benz AMG but I said an S2000 will do.
I've already got my next mod planned. Carbon fiber everything baby! Means I'll have to flip a few more burgers but it's so worth it to look so cool. Mind you, I can't see past next Tuesday and there's this even taller wing with an "F1" sticker on the ends that ought to get me a few more girls. And really, anyone over the age of 35 has no business driving a car like this. You should be driving a Prius and saving my planet.
Oh, and yeah ............................... I AM all that!

Quick Reply: Age Poll