S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.
View Poll Results: What age group are you in
0-21
16.59%
22-30
46.08%
31-40
15.44%
41-50
7.37%
51-60
6.45%
61 Plus
8.06%
Voters: 434. You may not vote on this poll

Age Poll

Old 04-24-2011, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the general population is just getting more stupid.

If I had bought this car an 18 I would have totaled it. It has to be one of the worst cars in the world for a parent to buy their kid. How exactly do you bring your stuff to college in it? That's why I bought an Accord when I was 20 even though I wanted an S2K.

Most of them will likely oversteer into something sufficiently rigid while trying to figure out how fast they can take 90º turns to impress 17 year old girls.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by retvet
Or Stage 2 cams? Or to break the law and install test pipes, to jeopardize the health of others and their own children? Or lower the car so that in three months it needs a replacement oil pan or front bumper cover. Or put a hard top on a roadster? Why not just buy a something made with a hard top? (I am not referring to those owners who need a hard top for winter driving).
Well that's a little narrow minded/ridiculous. I'm pretty sure that test pipes aren't going to kill your kids (and if they will, I'd be highly amused to hear that logic), and I'm pretty sure that people can do whatever the hell they want (within the law) with their own cars. Here in MI we don't have emissions testing. When the 3 catalytic converters on my Accord go (and they will), I'm sure as hell not ponying up 2 grand for new ones.

Lifting a truck is legitimately illegal and extremely dangerous in the event of an accident where a car underrides it. Lowering a car is not, at all. If my Accord wasn't lowered and on Koni Yellows, I would have totaled it on 2 or 3 separate occasions when I avoided collisions due to my car's ability to get out of another car's way.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisHS2000
Originally Posted by retvet' timestamp='1303665533' post='20501837
Or Stage 2 cams? Or to break the law and install test pipes, to jeopardize the health of others and their own children? Or lower the car so that in three months it needs a replacement oil pan or front bumper cover. Or put a hard top on a roadster? Why not just buy a something made with a hard top? (I am not referring to those owners who need a hard top for winter driving).
Well that's a little narrow minded/ridiculous. I'm pretty sure that test pipes aren't going to kill your kids (and if they will, I'd be highly amused to hear that logic), and I'm pretty sure that people can do whatever the hell they want (within the law) with their own cars. Here in MI we don't have emissions testing. When the 3 catalytic converters on my Accord go (and they will), I'm sure as hell not ponying up 2 grand for new ones.

Lifting a truck is legitimately illegal and extremely dangerous in the event of an accident where a car underrides it. Lowering a car is not, at all. If my Accord wasn't lowered and on Koni Yellows, I would have totaled it on 2 or 3 separate occasions when I avoided collisions due to my car's ability to get out of another car's way.

Whoa, take a deep breath. Relax. Thou protesteth too much.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisHS2000
to impress 17 year old girls.

JAIL
Old 04-24-2011, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by dc2-2-ap1
yes, the average age is getting a lot younger. just stroll through the introduction section. it seems like every day someone under the age of 18 buys an S (or has their parents buy them one). as the maturity level drops so does the quality of the forum. there has been a massive decline in this forum in the last year (has nothing to do with the site upgrade). I hate to say it but in another year or two this will be another honda-tech. And why wouldn't it since all the guys from honda-tech are now coming to this site. The trash talking and fighting have gotten worse since the value of these cars dropped. With motos like "The louder the prouder" becoming common talk, the inevitable downfall is all too apparent.

- sorry just felt like ranting for a little. I always feared the civic crews would eventually move to the S2000, but I was hoping they could mature a little before doing so. That didn't happen.
You could make the move to lotus
Old 04-24-2011, 05:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh...where to start.

I love how the "OG" S2K owners are getting their feathers ruffled because the car is getting cheaper and the owners are getting younger.

This forum is starting get a little NSX Prime'ish. Guys/Gals...It's a car. It is a nice and fun car, but at the end of the day it is just a car.

People are going to buy one. People are going to sell it eventually, too. Some are going to leave to something else a little less mainstream and some are going to buy a couple or three more of them.

If you've been around the Honda "game" for any length of time, you should understand how it works. Some have realized this and moved on and some have just accepted that's how it's going to be and continued pursuing their love.

I've had at least 10 Hondas...plan on adding a few more to the list before it's all said and done, too.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:25 PM

Sorry guys for being fortunate enough to come from a family that was well off enough to allow me to purchase the S2000 while still in college.

Really though, maturity isn't determined by age. Some of us, despite being young in our years, actually appreciate what a fantastic car the S2000 is, and didn't just get it because it looked fast and was a Honda. Actually I feel like the S2000 is pretty slow, compared to other comparably priced cars, but I love it for what it is. And plus, this is a good opportunity for older and younger people to mingle so that the younger generation can learn instead of turning out like this group of Civics with annoyingly loud exhausts that looked like they were pretending to be fighter pilots making practicing different battle formations or something.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:26 PM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

27, but im still a kid at heart
Old 04-24-2011, 05:30 PM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by TheSteel
Originally Posted by dc2-2-ap1' timestamp='1303655843' post='20501514
yes, the average age is getting a lot younger. just stroll through the introduction section. it seems like every day someone under the age of 18 buys an S (or has their parents buy them one). as the maturity level drops so does the quality of the forum. there has been a massive decline in this forum in the last year (has nothing to do with the site upgrade). I hate to say it but in another year or two this will be another honda-tech. And why wouldn't it since all the guys from honda-tech are now coming to this site. The trash talking and fighting have gotten worse since the value of these cars dropped. With motos like "The louder the prouder" becoming common talk, the inevitable downfall is all too apparent.- sorry just felt like ranting for a little. I always feared the civic crews would eventually move to the S2000, but I was hoping they could mature a little before doing so. That didn't happen.

I have thought about it- a k20 swapped lotus seems pretty bad ass but I just don't see myself getting rid of the S, and two little cars are not practical in any way
Old 04-24-2011, 06:08 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by dc2-2-ap1
Originally Posted by TheSteel' timestamp='1303691254' post='20502763
[quote name='dc2-2-ap1' timestamp='1303655843' post='20501514']yes, the average age is getting a lot younger. just stroll through the introduction section. it seems like every day someone under the age of 18 buys an S (or has their parents buy them one). as the maturity level drops so does the quality of the forum. there has been a massive decline in this forum in the last year (has nothing to do with the site upgrade). I hate to say it but in another year or two this will be another honda-tech. And why wouldn't it since all the guys from honda-tech are now coming to this site. The trash talking and fighting have gotten worse since the value of these cars dropped. With motos like "The louder the prouder" becoming common talk, the inevitable downfall is all too apparent.- sorry just felt like ranting for a little. I always feared the civic crews would eventually move to the S2000, but I was hoping they could mature a little before doing so. That didn't happen.

I have thought about it- a k20 swapped lotus seems pretty bad ass but I just don't see myself getting rid of the S, and two little cars are not practical in any way
[/quote]

Not to mention its only really doable in the previous generation Elise that was only sold overseas... (I was looking into it on lotustalk) so you gotta add the expense and pain of importing the car

Quick Reply: Age Poll