S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Almost jailed....(Pretty Long)

Old 01-18-2001, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the support Spaceneedle, but I think East Coaster's have a different philosophy than the West Coast. From what I hear they can be pretty rude in NY, but hey, if he wants to be condescending its ok, I deserve it. Just not the name calling dude... that hurts my feeling's, man.
I may drive crazy, but I have feelings too... haha oh well, I deserve all the lectures I get anyway. It my fault what happened, and the more I think about it, the more I realize that I did all to myself.

One more thing, I went to drive my car during lunch today, and I was scared as hell to do anything anymore. I didn't even pass 6k rpm at any point during the drive. Just scared sh*tless after yesterday dudes. Scared of taking tight turns now too because of fear of the rear slipping out again, but oh well. Its all for the best anyway.
Old 01-18-2001, 04:34 PM
Sev

Speaking of cold SO2s:

I had the pleasure, or should i say dis-pleasure of doing SOLO 2 on the last event of the year before winter took over.

It was about 32F outside, all i can tell you guys is that the S02s suck crap in the cold.

What was happening was this, on the run take off the back tires were warming up because i would do a 5000 RPM take off and spin the wheels but the front would remain damn ice cold.

RESULT:

HEAVY UNDERSTEER. Thats right heavy understeer in an S2000.

even with a approximately one minute of hard running the front tires would not grip for crap. So on your average drive, my bet is that the SO2s take forever to warm up, if they warm up at all.

Funny thing is, others that were there (with other tire brands) were not bothered by the cold as much.

The moral of the story:

Be extremely careful in the cold with these tires especially the first 5-10 mins. I know its easier said then done.

Thank you boyz and girls.
Old 01-18-2001, 04:34 PM

Why do I like this kid? Maybe I see myself in his actions 10 years ago, don't really know. I think cthree said it best, but I'll add that I need you do do me one favor huyto... PLEASE don't drink and drive, I'd like to keep your crazy ass alive, as well as the peeps around you...(well, maybe if you're gonna drink anyway, drive by Sunchilds place hopin' he will walk outside to take out the trash...hehe). Oh yeah, and Sunchild... Don't bother remarking, or make sure you stay clear of any stook meet I'm at. You see, I may not be the best driver in the world, but combat is just my game. I always jump at the chance to put jerks in their place, It is my favorite thing to do.

Andrew

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK!
Old 01-18-2001, 04:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

About a year ago, I remember reading about some crazy guy in Chicago that put his beloved car into the wall ... and had the balls to post his experience on the Internet. I remember reading the story and letting that image of spinning around and the hard, unyielding CRUNCH that followed sink into my head. Did I learn from a shared unpleasant experience? You bet! Thank you, oh mysterious citizen of Chicago , and thank you huyto for sharing with us that which we do not want to experience ourselves.
Old 01-18-2001, 04:56 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2Kguy
[B]Oh yeah, and Sunchild... Don't bother remarking, or make sure you stay clear of any stook meet I'm at.
Old 01-18-2001, 04:59 PM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

huyto,

Glad your alright.

And Sunchild, your actions are what give the NY area a bad name. So just chill out. He admitted he made a mistake. Move past it, and let it go. Everyone makes mistakes. Why does everyone who have nothing to contribute always have the most to say?

ERIK
Old 01-18-2001, 05:18 PM
dbw

huyto;
cool story!!!as it seems you're a local,we should get together and i can take you to the morgue at a local hospital so you can see what's left of a body after a good hi-speed impact...i'm sure you'd be drinking ice tea for quite a long time after that...and watch those offramps y'hear?[golly, these young scamps!aren't they a hoot?]
Old 01-18-2001, 05:26 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sunchild
[B][QUOTE]Originally posted by S2Kguy
[b]Oh yeah, and Sunchild... Don't bother remarking, or make sure you stay clear of any stook meet I'm at.
Old 01-18-2001, 05:29 PM

dbw never fails to crack me up...
Old 01-18-2001, 05:50 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2Kguy
[B]...Oh yeah, and Sunchild... Don't bother remarking, or make sure you stay clear of any stook meet I'm at.

Quick Reply: Almost jailed....(Pretty Long)