S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Almost jailed....(Pretty Long)

Old 01-18-2001, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SpaceNeedle
[B]don't most bigshot lawyers from manhattan get limos as a little perk from the firm, work or pleasure?
Old 01-18-2001, 06:22 PM

PS Karate and Judo are both weak, try Jujitsu if you have the nerve.
Oh please. Style has notjhing to do with it, it is all the skill and heart of the combatant. I'll never forget my first day of training in Tang Soo Do many years ago. After all the new rookies ask the instructor about this badass move or that badass move he says, "If a bar fight breaks out, forget the kicks, grab a pool cue and start swinging!"
Old 01-18-2001, 06:25 PM

Alright, this is starting to get a little out of hand...questioning someone's profession and their status in their field? Fighting styles? It's either going to be closed soon or booted to OT, unless it gets back on track soon.
Old 01-18-2001, 07:17 PM

LOL, SunChild Mods.... Thats funny! All i can picture is some sunflower oil. Nicely pressed.
Old 01-18-2001, 07:35 PM

Hey guess what guys?!?!!?!? My K&N was hear when I got home from work today!!!! HEHEHE Well, I wasted no time putting it in and it actually fit pretty nicely with no problems. Took about ten minutes. Test drove the car around the block and there is a little noticeable difference in HP.

Whoooeee!!!! I wonder what another 2-3 hp means HEHE.

Don't worry guys, I've still learned my lesson from yesterday but... 2-3 more Hp's? Hmmmmmm....
Old 01-18-2001, 07:52 PM

Received 5,193 Likes on 3,112 Posts

Great story. Well written. Love'd it.

Been there, done that. I remember scaring the sh*t out of myself the time I stomped down on the accelerator in a turn when my '63 Corvette decided it didn't like wet pavement. When the 360 spin ended with no tell tale signs, I breathed deep, my friend cleaned his pants, and we were on our way. . . but I never forgot it.

Then there was time we were racing for last call at the bar in my Triumph and somehow gravel was kicked up and spread in the middle of the blind turn. That was a real Oh Sh*t experience. Just asked the two guys that were with me - one in the froont seat and one huddled behind the seat. In the hospital the state tropper said we were all lucky to be alive - and I was only one seriously hurt when it rolled.

Then there was time coming back from the MG Christmas party. Damn was I lucky that night.

Or the 4th of July... that was really weird. Had a Toyota Corona MK II with rally wheels, curve kit, etc. It wasn't a damn bit sporting but it hauled and I loved it. I slide on a gravel road in the turn at speed and wiped out the left side. On the return trip from the bar I hit the same damn tree and wiped out the right side of the car. My wife was not happy.

I could go on. Booze and fast cars don't mix. But one beer isn't enough to impair anyone and the CHP agree. Ah, but the thrill of speed is just a intoxicating.

We all try to learn from our experiences - if we survive. Some do. Some don't. Some continue to push it - don't ask me why. I'm a slow learner, but thanks for reminding me.
Old 01-18-2001, 08:24 PM

Damn, dlq sounds sounds like one crazy mofo. Good to hear your still walking and still driving dude. Just don't drink too much and get on the roads man.
Old 01-18-2001, 08:29 PM

Frayed, now you're a lawyer I can hang with. haha how's the M3?

let's get back on track... moderators are watching.

whenever i drive in the wet or cold, i always picture myself driving the s2000 wondering how am i to deal with this crap? also, merging onto the freeway with the big blindspot... i remember when driving my mom's miata back in the days how tough it was to see to the side. i basically waited and guessed sometimes if space allowed.
Old 01-18-2001, 09:01 PM

SpaceNeedle, normal driving isn't really a problem even on cold S-02's. When you start to push it, that's when problems arise, so as long as you drive sanely, it's fine. As for merging...just put on your blinker and merge slowly, and you'll either get in or they'll honk...or you can adjust your side view mirror really oddly, which is what I do.
Old 01-18-2001, 09:04 PM

but i've heard that the side mirror thing still leaves a blindspot and that the s02s are a problem in the cold weather at any speed. maybe they're exaggerating. all i remember is, it sucked to drive the miata when it came time to merge. i sometimes even stuck my head out the window to make sure. my mom would've been pissed if i wrecked her baby.

Quick Reply: Almost jailed....(Pretty Long)