S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Any other lawmen own a S2K?

Old 09-09-2003, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any other lawmen own a S2K?

I'm a cop in Texas and just recently bought a S2K. I'm curious to know if any of my law enforcement brothers and sisters are also S2K owners and would like to share their unique ownership experience.

I love the car, my only gripe is that the drivers seat is too narrow when I have my side holster strapped on. I've had to start carrying a fanny pack so that my kidney could still function while I drive.

I haven't been pulled over yet and hope to keep my courtesy requests to a minimum. Have any of you been pulled over and want to share your stories? It will only be a matter of time before I get nabbed. It's just too much fun to redline the car in as many gears as possible.

I hope to hear from some of you soon, unless I'm the only one of my kind. Be safe!!
Old 09-09-2003, 03:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome aboard and congratulations on your purchase.

I'm not a lawman, but I'm a felon, does that count?
Old 09-09-2003, 03:31 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm not a cop but there's one at a nearby precinct over here in Suffolk county who drives a Silverstone Metallic. I've already told her about this site but she's yet to come on to register.
Old 09-09-2003, 03:32 PM

What happens when you get pulled over?
Old 09-09-2003, 03:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by mrkim019
What happens when you get pulled over?
Many policemen put a business card of some sort taped to the back of their license. Politicians, firemen, and family members of these groups do the same. Needless to say, many times they get off due to "professional courtesy."
Old 09-09-2003, 03:45 PM

simple, you ask the fellow officer "wanna take her for a spin?"
Old 09-09-2003, 03:48 PM

3engin, felons are welcome too. It will certainly make the thread more interesting.

Mrkim, I have not yet gotten pulled over in the S2k, but I have been pulled over many times both on and off duty over the past 15 years on the job. Suffice it to say I have never gotten a ticket. There is what's known as professional courtesy among officer's. For the most part, if I'm respectful and identify myself as a cop, I'm sent on a merry way. However, I have known other officers who were jerks and ended up getting tickets. Even if you're not in the club, being respectful and obedient may get you out of getting a ticket (but don't count on it).
Old 09-09-2003, 04:19 PM

Not to slam anyone in law enforcement but isn't the purpose of pulling someone over is because the driver is violating a law enforced to protect the rest of society from dangerous situations while operating a motor vehicle?

Seems like "professional courtesy" is a bit more like being above the law... and I'm the criminal...
Old 09-09-2003, 04:41 PM

im not yet the lawmen but just turned in my application to the local police department.

however as soon as i get the job (hopefully!) im gonna sell the s and pick up a g35c. need the extra room.

chris
Old 09-09-2003, 04:54 PM

But they aren't above the law unless the people allow them to be. Same with elected officials, but we could go into a whole huge debate about that.

Quick Reply: Any other lawmen own a S2K?