S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

AP1 vs AP2 question for the father of the S2K

Old 09-10-2007, 08:32 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default AP1 vs AP2 question for the father of the S2K

the best part of the honda s2000 homecoming was meeting the "man" himself. i saw him while looking at the formula red row with his honda of japan p.r. people. the first formula red he looked at upclose was the one with the spoon rims and the " for sale" sign on the window that gave him a smirk when he saw it. while walking the row i told my wife that's him-that's him, like a little kid seeing michael jordan in street clothes. when i found out that he was the surpised guest it made the homecoming worth while driving up to. not that car meets are bad, but i've attended my fair share of car meets and we all do the same things whether its a honda meet or toyota meet, we look at each others cars, take pictures and videos, we ask questions, and we nod a few times while the owner answers the question we asked about his ride, we bring our beach chairs (which i was happy to see it fit in the trunk) and umbrellas when our feet start to ache and when the sun gets too hot. so, honda inviting the "man" to the homecoming was huge for me and from what i saw a lot of people felt the same way about him when they asked for a picture and an autograph.

so while walking with his entourage on formula red row i asked him personally if we could get a picture in front of my car and he said sure. at first he thought it was one of the cars parked but after looking around i told him its a black one. so he followed along with his p.r. people and i got to thank him for building such a great car and said thank you very much with his thick japanese accent. the one question i had to ask him, the golden S2K question, which was his preference between the AP1 vs AP2. without hesitation he said AP2! "better, more usable power, also better handling".... if your wondering if we were standing by my car while he said this we were still walking to my car passing spa row when i asked him the question.

i got the picture in front of my car but was bummed i forgot my sharpie so he could sign the dash, but i eventually got both homecoming hats signed in english and japanese. even got interviewed by the p.r. people and they got a kick when they found out i worked for a rival japanese car company.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's right fellas. From the creator himself, AP2 is better.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:36 PM

AP2 FTMFW!
Old 09-10-2007, 08:43 PM

AP2 FTW!!
Old 09-10-2007, 08:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 09-10-2007, 09:02 PM

If he said AP1 it would just mean Honda made a mistake. Honda never makes mistakes
Old 09-10-2007, 09:11 PM

Of course he wouldn't say the older S2000 is better than the current one on sale right now at Honda dealers, that would be pretty dumb coming from someone who works for Honda...
Old 09-10-2007, 09:16 PM

Michael Schumacher told me that my Ferrari is better than your Honda... So what?
Old 09-10-2007, 09:17 PM

I may be way off, but i always thought newer cars were suppose to be better. why would they downgrade.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by IIGQ4U,Sep 10 2007, 09:16 PM
Michael Schumacher told me that my Ferrari is better than your Honda... So what?
So give me your Honda because its a POS

Quick Reply: AP1 vs AP2 question for the father of the S2K