S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Beach Honda North Miami Beach crashed my car

Old 01-26-2007, 06:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All the advice I'd give has been covered. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:57 AM

I would say your car is close to totaled if not, in any event you are in the driver's seat on this one. It is definitly reckless driving on their part. Get a police report 1st to prove it. Have an independent appraisal done outside of the dealership especially if they have a body shop. There cost is a lot less than an outside source and they may conveniently over look some things to not total it. Poindexter is right skip the middle man and go to the general manager or even the dealer principle/owner. Fight for a replacement vehicle in the condition and miles of yours, is yours paid off? If for some reason the car does get fixed, it will obvious to a used car mgr/appraiser that it was hit up front. That is what I do at a dealership and have done for many years. It will significantly hurt the value of your car. Make this abundantly clear to the Gm, he knows it as well and make sure he knows that you know. Good luck with this, there are enough people on this sight to help with suggestions and questions you might have. One last thing DO NOT BE AN ASSHOLE ABOUT THIS to the GM or Principle, be polite but firm. Having been a GM I hated rude and obnioxiuos people telling me what to do, I would go out of my to make their life hell.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:08 AM

Subscribing. Can't wait to see how this turns out. Good luck bro!
Old 01-26-2007, 07:21 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That car is done.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want to hear the outcome of this one.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:11 AM

Received 203 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by QUIKAG,Jan 26 2007, 10:45 AM
IF YOU HAVE COLLISION ON YOUR AUTO POLICY CALL YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY. CALL THEM NOW!!! SERIOUSLY. THEY WILL HANDLE EVERYTHING AND YOU WILL BE MADE WHOLE.

Sorry for the all caps, but if some jackasses at the dealership wrecked my car, the first thing I would do is call USAA, my insurance company. They would get every penny of my car's worth from the dealership and I would have a check within a week or two. Little to no hassle on my part.

Oh, another thing. Your car is SO totalled. Do not authorize ANY REPAIRS.
Yes, yes, yes. Let your insurance company handle this - they have the clout to get action and the market value of your car and it won't cost you anything.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:12 AM

Subscribing to this thread
Old 01-26-2007, 08:16 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think I'd accept a "loaner" from the dealership. I't's just locks you into a closer relationship with the dealer that they may use against you at some point.
If they insist on fixing it, inform them they'll be fixing it for someone else since you want nothing else to do with the car.
Politely inform them you would only be comfortable in a rental or lease from another company until the problem is resolved
The fair outcome for your situation is that the dealer buy your car from you at the average retail rate.
Do not allow the dealer to find a "suitable" replacement for you. Suitable to them may not be suitable to you. Good luck
Old 01-26-2007, 08:22 AM
bcs

Does your insurance offer loaner cars? Some policies do if you've been in an accident. You could probably go through them, and then maybe your insurance company could roll the loaner costs into the settlement.

Good luck to you. I'm waiting to see the outcome. I hope it works out for the best.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is it when the air bags are deployed alot of times the car would be concidered totaled?? if so, i'd advise what everyone else said... this sucks though man, what a JACK A** for crashing ur car!!

scott

Quick Reply: Beach Honda North Miami Beach crashed my car