S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Beach Honda North Miami Beach crashed my car

Old 01-26-2007, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Poindexter,Jan 26 2007, 07:06 AM
I'm a dealer, and am in a position high enough to hear the outcome of most of the lawsuits brought about in our region. I do not know the Honda dealership you're messing with, but I do know that if you're talking to the Service Tech, Service Writer, or Service Manager/Director you have not gone high enough yet. Anyone in the Service department is going to be watching each others' backs, and I doubt any of them have much experience with settlement cases on this level. You need to start with the General Manager of the store. This is how you do it:

Plan A
    Plan B
      Plan B part II
        Plan C - when everything fails.

P.S. I wouldn't usually give this kind of advice because most of the dealership calling out threads on S2Ki are silly things - typically things caused by the poster. This thread is clearly different, and the dealership deserves to pay. Especially when they're trying to cover their butts instead of stepping up to the plate right off the bat.
          great advice poindexter, thanks for your honesty in this situation
          Old 01-27-2007, 04:03 AM

My question is..Why was the top down if they said it was raining at the time?
          Old 01-27-2007, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by rawdetermination,Jan 26 2007, 02:30 PM
          Guys thanks for all the support and great advice. I got a copy of the police report today. I called my insurance company and reported it, they told me that I don't have to make it a claim if I want the dealership's insurance to handle it, but if I decide to I can claim thru them, but for now its just a report. Honda had given me a rental (chevy cobalt) from enterprise when i first dropped the car off and they are paying for it, so i'll keep it til we get this sorted out. I also told them that I do not authorize any repairs on the car because totalled or not I do not want it back, I want exactly what I brought to the - a working s2k that has not been in an accident, and I will talk to the GM on monday. Can't thank you guys enough for the info.
          Please dont get another car through them. Ask for the value of the car, and go to another dealership. If you get a car through them, they will find a beat up car for cheap, and fix it so it looks good... If they are trying to screw you on this car, they will just keep screwing you.

So demand the value of the car + some compensation for causing you trouble. You dont want to put money back into their dealership by buying there again!
          Old 01-27-2007, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by aero3685,Jan 27 2007, 10:00 AM
          Please dont get another car through them. Ask for the value of the car, and go to another dealership. If you get a car through them, they will find a beat up car for cheap, and fix it so it looks good... If they are trying to screw you on this car, they will just keep screwing you.

So demand the value of the car + some compensation for causing you trouble. You dont want to put money back into their dealership by buying there again!
          dealerships on the whole are really ####in' sketchy.

Don't give them any more money. They should eat the cost of this in full.
          Old 01-27-2007, 07:32 AM

Not cool! I'm bringing mine into the dealership Monday so they can fix the popping out of second gear gear problem. They said they need the car for 2 days. Now I'm going to be even more nervous while they have it. Anyways man hope this all works out for you.
          Old 01-27-2007, 09:49 AM

Its sad the most dealerships aren't up front about stuff.

Luckily I've had only pleasant experiences so far with mine.

Got my fluids changed and said I wanted to new mtf and to keep the bottles so I'd know they used the right stuff and they did and were timely.

Good luck man
          Old 01-27-2007, 09:57 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

i would seriously cry if this happened to my S (if i had one ), thats why that whole "dealer maintained" thing never proves a point to me with personal car sales, especially with cars like the S. A good majority of these punks feel to rag the car as much as possible if they feel a "test drive" is neccesary. But then again its nice to know that the maintenance was done on time . Its just the fact having some unknown punk or should i say tech? rag your car without you knowing it.
          Old 01-27-2007, 10:10 AM
          Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by The_Chinadian,Jan 27 2007, 08:24 AM
          dealerships on the whole are really ####in' sketchy.

Don't give them any more money. They should eat the cost of this in full.
          I usually try talking with the service advisor. I have been fortunate and found some dealerships with car enthusiast service advisors who understand proper respect for the ride. And I almost never leave the car there alone if I can help it. IPod + videos is a great waiting room time killer!!

Old 01-27-2007, 10:18 AM

I HAVE EXPERIANCE WITH THIS DEALERSHIP! Their service department was TERRIBLE for me too. My service rep was kinda cool, but the mechanic who took my car for a test drive (they said he was the shop foremen) was terrible in my opinion. I was not used to Honda's noisy valvetrains and asked him to go on a simple testdrive with me to let me know if they are normally that noisy around 3000 RPMS (which turned out to be perfectly normal now that I have a lot of experiance under the hood of s2000's) and instead of driving calmly at 3,000 RPMS, he beat the piss out of the car and redlined 1st and 2nd down a 30 MPH public road.

I ended up speaking with the manager (Luis Pedraja) who turned out to be very helpful and he apologized, told me he understood I wanted to have it inspected again, and offered me compensation (I needed a new key and remote, he gave me a new PRETTY AP2 key and remote for free).

See if Luis is still there, if not speak to whoever is in charge. If you need a local lawyer I can help with this as well, I ended up sueing a dealership as a last resort for mis-reprentation awhile back and ended up collecting. Try to sort it out without lawers first, but DO NOT BACK DOWN. We can help in the local south florida section if needed.

And to prowler orange or whoever else goes there, Beach Honda has no s2000 mechanic (at least not last time I went there in early 2006), its just not a good place to go unless they have really changed. Either get some s2k owners to help you out with services, or take it up to Rick Case and have Eddie (SpoonS on s2ki) take care of you.

Keep us posted OP, don't back down!
          Old 01-27-2007, 10:43 AM

whoa. .beach honda

i almost bought my car there. and i recently went there to get all the washers i needed for a tranny and diff fluid change and NO ONE knew what to get me. they had their diagrams open on the computer and looking and they tried telling me the washer was over $28

Quick Reply: Beach Honda North Miami Beach crashed my car