S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

ChrisD - his car ROCKS

Old 12-05-2001, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I couldn't resist. It might piss off some of the other guys but who cares. I'm tired of some of the comments, I'm glad it's your turn Chris and other Chris. For those of you that don't know, my car is going bye bye very soon and Chris (cjb80) has 'inherited' my turbo set up. You guys can harass him now, I'm passing the torch. I'll come back and beat up on ChrisD as soon as the turbo M3 is done.
Old 12-05-2001, 12:13 PM

Originally posted by derryck
I'll come back and beat up on ChrisD as soon as the turbo M3 is done.
I'll be waiting, slowpoke.
Old 12-05-2001, 12:16 PM

Slowpoke... ehh? How much did I say my wheels were again.... I can't quite remember.
Old 12-05-2001, 12:33 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by derryck
[B]Slowpoke... ehh?
Old 12-05-2001, 03:50 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by derryck
[B]I couldn't resist.
Old 12-05-2001, 09:05 PM

i'm confused guys...so how much boost can the speedcraft turbo kit run SAFELY on pump gas (91..93 octane??Don't remember which one it is) without worries of air fuel problems like VaporTrail has noticed? Would it be reasonable to add a SDS fuel management system and secondary fuel injectors just to be on the safe side if you wanted to run say 8-9 psi? How much for that?? Thanks for all your input in advance.
Old 12-05-2001, 09:38 PM

Safely? .3-.5 bar, max. Dyno your car with wideband O2 and find out what's safe and whats not. I'm not so sure an additional injector set up would be any easier to tune properly as anything else. Really, installing a full standalone like SDS is the answer. Ignition timing is extremely important also, and even more so with high compression. I was kind of dumbfounded when I found no spark control with this kit. One would think for the high price of the kit, they could have installed a MSD digital boost timing master to retard timing under boost, that would add a lot of safety into the mix, and get EGT's closer to where they need to be.
Old 12-05-2001, 10:53 PM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally posted by VaporTrail
Safely? .3-.5 bar, max. Dyno your car with wideband O2 and find out what's safe and whats not. I'm not so sure an additional injector set up would be any easier to tune properly as anything else. Really, installing a full standalone like SDS is the answer. Ignition timing is extremely important also, and even more so with high compression. I was kind of dumbfounded when I found no spark control with this kit. One would think for the high price of the kit, they could have installed a MSD digital boost timing master to retard timing under boost, that would add a lot of safety into the mix, and get EGT's closer to where they need to be.
I thought they were getting ignition retard some how by feeding in false IAT signal during boost so the ECM thinks the charge is hotter than it is thus dialing back timing Maybe they just talked about it but never did it.
Old 12-06-2001, 05:22 AM

JT-KGY,
It's a 2002 Titanium Silver E46 M3... you know the bad boy.

JU17,
With the head gasket (that's hopefully on it's way), you'll be able to run somewhere in the 8-10 psi range on pump gas.

I like how everyone steps up to the plate and criticizes Speedcraft's work but they seem to have had more success in this area than ANYONE else. Everything can be improved upon. How many S2's are running around with 300+ RWHP... only a handful. Is it going to be cheap to get that kind of power... no way. I'm sure Wes (Wesmaster) has probably dug deeper into his pockets on his car than either ChrisD or myself. Understand that pioneers have to watch out for the Indians.
Old 12-06-2001, 11:10 AM

Derryck - I don't know if your the Jacksonville S2000 owner signed up for Chin Motorsports' Sebring event this weekend, if not, please drive out and show us your Turbo-2000. There will be at least a half dozen S2000 owners out there and speaking for myself, "I'd love to see your car up close and personal".

Quick Reply: ChrisD - his car ROCKS