S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Exhaust sound

Old 08-07-2002, 08:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust sound

It seems to me that those beutiful sound that eminates from our cars is largely due to the engine and not the exhaust. In fact, I almost can't hear the exhaust at all.

I would love to complement the engine sound with pipes that have a nice deep, throaty gurgle. Anyone modified their exhausts for better sound?
Old 08-07-2002, 04:34 PM

My engine ticks
Old 08-07-2002, 05:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ajjra
[B]It seems to me that those beutiful sound that eminates from our cars is largely due to the engine and not the exhaust.
Old 08-07-2002, 06:27 PM

In case u consider aftermarket...i can summarize some of the exhaust sounds from what i remember of the top of my head from other people's feedvack on the forums...

HKS Cat Back(mine) - Deeper and throaty in low RPM, resonant at 3500rpm, Raspy in VTEC... noted for being a loud exhaust but I don't find it that loud for an aftermarket exhaust...Performnace gains are minimal or none...weight savings are minimal too...

Spoon N1 - Single Tip. Really Boomy in low RPMS and friggin loud in VTEC... I've heard clips of the Spoon N1 and its my fave sound! expect some minor gains (average qoute i think is 5hp peak gain)
Too bad its single tip (if u are after a twin look like me) but if u after performance its a real bang for the buck mod its a good deal especially when compared to...

Amuse Ti Exhaust - Single Tip. Legendary and probably undisputed king for performance exhaust for the S2000. Lightest of the bunch at 9lbs. Noted for being deafeningly loud as well....(average gain is about 9hp peak). Be prepared to break the bank...

J's Racing N1 - From what i recall, characteristics are similar to the Spoon...

Mugen Exhaust - Twin set-up. The gentlemans exhaust... Some weight loss from the stock set up and supposedly is only slightly louder than stock... Supposed to have a really boomy sound...Expect next to no performance gains here...

Neuspeed - Dont know much about this one except people commented it makes deep boomy sounds....

Minuni N1 - Mingster's choice of exhaust, and he has had experience with many and witnessed dynos of alot of exhaust...better ask him about this one...

There are heaps more on the market but these seem to be the main one's people in the forum are using...hope this helps...
I think Mugen or Neuspeed have the kinda sound you looking for if you after deep growl sounds...hope this helps
Old 08-07-2002, 06:36 PM

Originally posted by KIDS2000
In case u consider aftermarket...i can summarize some of the exhaust sounds from what i remember of the top of my head from other people's feedvack on the forums...

HKS Cat Back(mine) - Deeper and throaty in low RPM, resonant at 3500rpm, Raspy in VTEC... noted for being a loud exhaust but I don't find it that loud for an aftermarket exhaust...Performnace gains are minimal or none...weight savings are minimal too...

Spoon N1 - Single Tip. Really Boomy in low RPMS and friggin loud in VTEC... I've heard clips of the Spoon N1 and its my fave sound! expect some minor gains (average qoute i think is 5hp peak gain)
Too bad its single tip (if u are after a twin look like me) but if u after performance its a real bang for the buck mod its a good deal especially when compared to...

Amuse Ti Exhaust - Single Tip. Legendary and probably undisputed king for performance exhaust for the S2000. Lightest of the bunch at 9lbs. Noted for being deafeningly loud as well....(average gain is about 9hp peak). Be prepared to break the bank...

J's Racing N1 - From what i recall, characteristics are similar to the Spoon...

Mugen Exhaust - Twin set-up. The gentlemans exhaust... Some weight loss from the stock set up and supposedly is only slightly louder than stock... Supposed to have a really boomy sound...Expect next to no performance gains here...

Neuspeed - Dont know much about this one except people commented it makes deep boomy sounds....

Minuni N1 - Mingster's choice of exhaust, and he has had experience with many and witnessed dynos of alot of exhaust...better ask him about this one...

There are heaps more on the market but these seem to be the main one's people in the forum are using...hope this helps...
I think Mugen or Neuspeed have the kinda sound you looking for if you after deep growl sounds...hope this helps

This is a really quality response. Thanks so much. I'll go from here. Time to look into pricing