S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Flyin Miata Jack Adapter on S2000?

Old 11-24-2017, 07:42 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Flyin Miata Jack Adapter on S2000?

My google fu is failing as is probably my common sense but any reason this product would / would not work on an s2000?

https://www.flyinmiata.com/fm-jack-adapter.html

Would be nice to lift the car twice vs the 3-4 times I do to get it up on 4 jack stands.
Old 11-24-2017, 08:31 PM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

The S has front and rear jack points to lift the front and rear so that you can put it on jack stands. Only two lifts required without the need for this device.
Old 11-24-2017, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by AZS2KDancer
The S has front and rear jack points to lift the front and rear so that you can put it on jack stands. Only two lifts required without the need for this device.
What jacks do you use to reach these points? I get that there's front and rear jack points but with the jacks I have (and gather most people have) it's a not possible to reach those points without first lifting the car elsewhere.

The question is whether this could work as an alternative.

Last edited by lookstoomuch; 11-24-2017 at 08:40 PM.
Old 11-25-2017, 05:33 AM

Received 1,132 Likes on 995 Posts

Drive the car up on a couple of boards to get enough clearance for a jack. Or get a lift like the QuickJack or EZCarLift.

These are expensive but invaluable when servicing the car. I have the EZCarLift as I work on my car alone and ain't going under a car on jack stands. Car stores nicely out of the salt and brine brought in by the other cars during the winter.

-- Chuck

Last edited by Chuck S; 11-25-2017 at 05:35 AM.
Old 11-25-2017, 10:36 AM

Received 244 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by lookstoomuch
My google fu is failing as is probably my common sense but any reason this product would / would not work on an s2000?

https://www.flyinmiata.com/fm-jack-adapter.html

Would be nice to lift the car twice vs the 3-4 times I do to get it up on 4 jack stands.
That might work but why not use a short peace of 1" to 1 1/2" plywood(about 8" long 3" to 4" wide) rip a 5/8" deep cut lengthwise. That will spread the weight so nothing will get bent, thats what I use. I also covered mine with indoor/outdoor carpet. I use a low profile jack and its much easier for me to jack up my S this way. I can jack up the S and you can't even tell where the carpet touches the S.

ROD
Old 11-25-2017, 05:30 PM

Received 179 Likes on 138 Posts

I had considered this product at one point (I won't swear to it, but I do believe that I read somewhere it works with the S2000).

I instead chose to just drive the front of the car up onto a couple of boards, which provide enough extra clearance to slide a low profile jack (like those sold at Harbor Freight, Costco, etc.) underneath the front central jacking point. When using a low-profile jack, the rear center jacking point doesn't even require the extra clearance. With this method you could probably get by with just lifting the car twice, depending on how high you wanted to raise up the car.
Old 11-26-2017, 06:11 AM

OK thanks all for tips...have used / considered the alternatives mentioned but still find these attractive for some reason. In the name of research for the S2K platform I've sent $30 off to flyin' miata. If it's of no use I'll send to a cousin who just got an NA.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:15 AM

Received 256 Likes on 219 Posts

Because of the space in my garage there are many times when it is much quicker and easier to do a side lift to remove the wheels/tires on one side. The center lift points work but they are hard to get to. I'm a bit nervous about lifting at any point other than the designated points. But, if it can be done safely and without damage to the car then I would go this route in a heart beat. What part of the car is taking the weight with this gizmo? Are we sure it will not cause damage to the body?
Old 11-26-2017, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by rpg51
Because of the space in my garage there are many times when it is much quicker and easier to do a side lift to remove the wheels/tires on one side. The center lift points work but they are hard to get to. I'm a bit nervous about lifting at any point other than the designated points. But, if it can be done safely and without damage to the car then I would go this route in a heart beat. What part of the car is taking the weight with this gizmo? Are we sure it will not cause damage to the body?
My scenario as well. Stay tuned... my car lost its perfect unicorn status long before I owned it so not afraid to try and will report back with pics.
Old 11-26-2017, 09:56 AM

Received 244 Likes on 174 Posts

I jack my S just under/behind the side mirror's with my setup and with the weight spread out over 8" you can't even tell a jack has ever been used. With the Mazda adapter, its only 3" and that might put enough weight in one spot to damage the lower body panel.
I would not want to be the one who found out that 3" is not enough.

ROD
p.s. I saw a menber in Sacramento that used the plywood on his S, so I knew it would not damage my S before I ever tried it out.

Quick Reply: Flyin Miata Jack Adapter on S2000?