S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Heat is always on?

Old 10-12-2001, 05:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the wonderful world of Honda. Seven Hondas and Acuras in the last 12 years and every one without exception has the flow through trick. It actually works nice if you want heat below the lowest fan setting. You'll want that feature when you begin to notice the burn the crap out of your right foot on the lowest heater setting phenom!
Old 10-12-2001, 09:57 AM

Yes, I have the smae thing happen. It happens on my Prelude as well. Either hit the recirc button, or leave the temperature setting on the coldest one.

On the S2K though, there seems to be a lot of heat coming from the engine. I mean, feel the cup holder after driving around for a bit. Can't really put anything cold in the cup holder.
Old 10-12-2001, 10:25 AM

Same thing kinda nice that you don't have to run the fan to get a little air flow in.....

Mazda and many of my other cars have had the same thing....I guess it depends on the vacuum assist the system has or doesn't have...
Old 10-12-2001, 10:33 AM

Originally posted by MarkS2K

On the S2K though, there seems to be a lot of heat coming from the engine. I mean, feel the cup holder after driving around for a bit. Can't really put anything cold in the cup holder.
That would be the "coffee warmer" option during the winter. It even works with the top-down.
Old 10-12-2001, 10:36 AM

problem is it becomes the coke heater in the summer too! ;^)
Old 10-12-2001, 10:45 AM

i actually like having that little feature...sometimes i want a climate control but no real air breeze coming through the vents and into my face.
Old 10-12-2001, 02:31 PM

I was told the recirc button is actually for the Micron filtering. I was also told to always keep it on whenever running the AC.

Thought it was kind of strange that a button had to be on for the filtering. Where does the air come from if not through the filter?

But one thing is obvious, when that button is on there is air coming through and when it's off nothing comes through. Something is activated by it without the rest of the system being on.
Old 10-12-2001, 04:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds like the heating and A/C system on Hondas needs to be explained.
The recycle switch is normally used with the A/C to allow it to work more efficiently. With the switch in the recycle position the A/C doesn't have to keep cooling hot air from outside the car. Once the car is cool inside it is much easier to keep the air cool by continually recycling. When it's cold outside you need to switch to outside air (turn the recycle switch off). A lot of people make the mistake in thinking if I leave the recycle switch on the car will get warmer inside, which it does. The only problem you run into is that the condensation from your breath stays inside the car and condenses on the windows causing them to fog and in extremely cold weather ice will form on the inside of the windows. Japanese vehicles give you the option to make this setting yourself and some American made vehicle are starting to catch on but many still only give you the choice of Max A/C (recycled air) Normal A/C (outside air) and all heat settings are outside air. You can use inside air if you want to warm up your cars inside faster on cold mornings but once you get into the car you need to turn to outside air. Sorry this is so long but I hope it helps.