S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Highest Actual S2000 Chassis Dyno *here*???

Old 11-29-2000, 05:47 PM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

Who has the highest rear wheel hp so far here on the S2000 group?

I had 203.4 with my only mods being a K&N airfilter and my Volk wheels being slightly lighter. It was a pretty cool day (45-50F). It was run #2 thas was the highest.

Just curious to see what Pepe, Luis, Randy, or some other highly tuned S2000's are running.

Last time people made references to rumors of turbo version in japan.?? I guess I want some actual reliable info right from the camels mouth.

Bieg put me up to this..

Scot

Old 11-29-2000, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scot,

I have not measured my car. And I believe that measurement runs run in different dynos are not really comparable for such small differences as different cars would exhibit.

I try to gauge the effectiveness of my upgrades by measuring in-gear acceleration. However, the S2000 ECU is so moody that nothing seems to be reproduceable from day to day and sometimes from run to run.

The other day I was testing the JR filter versus the stock filter, and I was getting pretty consistent runs. Then when I was about to call it quits with a nice bag of numbers I decided to go for another couple of runs with the stock filter "just to make sure". Totally threw off my previous measurements.

You can run a 6-9krpm in gear acceleration test and get reproduceable results test after test. Then all of a sudden comes a run that is almost 10% off.

It makes me long for the Mugen ECU (by the way, does anyone know if it disables the knock sensor?).
Old 11-29-2000, 09:08 PM

Before I started having rear end and coolant temp sensor problems, my highest repeatable dyno run was 211hp, 141 torque, at the wheels. K&N, Mugen header, exhaust...thats it.
Old 11-29-2000, 09:21 PM

just a reminder, ladies and gentleman, that the JR filter group buy ends this friday.

i can't wait to get it on my car.
Old 11-30-2000, 04:42 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Luis:
[B]Scot,

I have not measured my car. And I believe that measurement runs run in different dynos are not really comparable for such small differences as different cars would exhibit.

I try to gauge the effectiveness of my upgrades by measuring in-gear acceleration. However, the S2000 ECU is so moody that nothing seems to be reproduceable from day to day and sometimes from run to run.

The other day I was testing the JR filter versus the stock filter, and I was getting pretty consistent runs. Then when I was about to call it quits with a nice bag of numbers I decided to go for another couple of runs with the stock filter "just to make sure". Totally threw off my previous measurements.

You can run a 6-9krpm in gear acceleration test and get reproduceable results test after test. Then all of a sudden comes a run that is almost 10% off.

It makes me long for the Mugen ECU (by the way, does anyone know if it disables the knock sensor?).
Old 11-30-2000, 07:02 AM
pfb

Dyno's are great for doing A/B comparison runs on the same day with the same car to compare power output.

Dyno's are next to useless for comparing the output of one car in, say, Texas to another in Colorado.

First, there is no standard calibration of most Dyno units. Second, different manufacturers and types of dyno's will read differently, and most importantly, the dyno operator enters weather and altitude information for "corrected" values. These corrections are highly inaccurate.

If you want a "high" dyno reading on your car, just put in slightly high temperatures and a slightly high altitude. Instant (adjusted) 10 HP.
Old 11-30-2000, 08:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dyno long time ago with the car came to 211hp at the wheel.
Total of three runs and all came to the same 211hp.
That is with HKS racing header and Amuse R1-Titan exaust only.

Luis, if I can remember correctly, the Mugen ECU cuts out the knock sensor reading as well as air temperature and some sensor that has to do with a/c and another sensor which I do not remember.

By the Mugen ECU is still on sale, but now I am really thinking of keeping it again. I didn't realize how much I gained until I change the ECU back to stock.
Old 11-30-2000, 01:08 PM

Haven't dynoed in a very long time, but when I did with just a K&N filter, I got 213 and 215 with no filter.