S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

I feel like I'm expecting a baby!

Old 11-29-2000, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, after lurking on this board (and h-a.net) for over a year and a half, I finally placed a non-refundable $500 deposit at Frank Kent in Fort Worth Texas!

So the first thing I did was to let my family (parents and siblings) know, and of course my parents freaked out saying how irresponsible and unnecessary this purchase was. To make a long story short, we butted heads and my sister sent an email to me that said "You are obviously obsessed about this car. Why do you need their blessing anyway?"

Later, I was telling my travel agent that I am on a waiting list until April, and she exclaims "That's like waiting for a baby!"

Then I got to thinking, yes this is like waiting on a baby, because I am so excited about it. And, if I told my parents that I was having a baby with some girl, and they said "it's unnecessary and irresponsible" then I would have reacted the same way. So, maybe that is why I am looking for a blessing. Because the deal is impregnated and will happen (unless there is a miscarriage in which case I will be devastated).

Anyway, I know some of you guys are as obsessed about your baby as I think I'm going to be about mine. So you guys don't think I'm some sort of freak or high school punk, I am 24, EE at UT (Hookem') in '96 and employed as a robotics designer.

Joseph
Baby S2k in April

P.S. Anyone have experience with Frank Kent dealership in Ft. Worth? The guy I'm dealing with, Jimmy Giatas, seems a little shady.
Old 11-29-2000, 03:00 PM

Mine is on order there. My sales person is Tonya. Why don't you give her a call. There was a recent problem with the dealer where the sales manager sold one out from under Tonya to a friend. She was very apologetic, but not much else she could do. I asked her to e-mail a confirmation. They sent an e-mail confirming the MSRP price and no forced options. I feel better. I'm number three with a January build date.
Old 11-29-2000, 03:09 PM

wirejock, it was because of your post that I decided to give Frank Kent a call (thanks!). When I spoke to Jimmy today, he said that Tonya is now working for the used truck department. I haven't talked to her but it sounded kind of strange. He said that Wendy is still there as the internet sales person.

Right now I have a fax with the drive out price and signature listed on a "customer worksheet." I hope that will be enough when the time comes.

Thanks again!
Old 11-29-2000, 03:20 PM

WOW! I hope she didn't get sh*t on. She was nice. She was very upset with the sales manager. I'll call Wendy tomorrow and get the skinny.
What color choice did you make?
Nice to have another UT grad on the board. Class of '81 BJ. Welcome. Check out this link you may want to go for a ride. http://www.s2000online.com/ubb/Forum7/HTML.../000065.html#46
Old 11-29-2000, 03:21 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny story, Ras! I am 34 years old and I waited a couple of weeks after I told my parents. They don't nag, but I just didn't want to hear it. Who cares what people think anyway, enjoy your life, that's my attitude, anyway.

Anyway, congrats on the decision. I haven't regretted a minute of my experience with the car...

Enjoy!
Old 11-29-2000, 07:27 PM

Rasputin: i know exactly how you feel. I just order my silver/red baby about 2 weeks ago. She's due in may, i don't know what i'm gonna do for the next 6months. hoping all goes well and no miscarriage, deformities, or major birth marks.

i'm 22 and from what i've heard from other young s2000 owners you'll get alot of flak from people that think your spoiled for driving such a nice car at a young age, especially if your like me and look even younger then your age. But the fact is i'm paying for the car myself as well as insurance and everything else.. one of the benifits of being a web designer. it will be my first car buy and so i don't give a damn if people think i'm spoiled i've been driving a civic dx for 6years. oddly enough my parents have been supportive. actually my step dad is envious, he saw the car and loved it.. he's always wanted a Porche 911.. saw the s2000 and said he'd have trouble choosing between the two.
Old 11-29-2000, 08:45 PM

Congratulations. I just bought mine from Gunn Honda in San Antonio. Tommy Thompson was my sales person and he and the rest of the sales team were wonderful. If you are going to get any options on the car, I would suggest Gunn Honda. They make you pick out a few (everything is at MSRP). I wanted the options anyway so it was not a big deal for me.

I have never had a more pleasurable experience with any dealership. In fact, they have you sign a document that says you have 48hrs and up to no more then 200 miles to return the vehicle for a complete refund. There was no fine print, everything was very clear in large letters. They are serious about return customers. That is what won me over. I can guarantee you my next car will be from Gunn.

By the way, I am 26 graduated from UT as an EE, and design control systems for capitol semiconductor equipment. It is funny how there are so many Texas-Exes on this board.
Old 11-29-2000, 10:08 PM

It sounds like you've put in your time in school and now it's time to enjoy some of the fruit of your labors. Sometimes you've just got to say WTF!
Old 11-30-2000, 02:54 PM

Rasputin: You've got mail