S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

I like my Honda Dealership!!

Old 07-22-2002, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I like my Honda Dealership!!

Well, I went in to get my first oil change last week, and since the forst oil change is free, I figured that I would go to my dealership and get the oil changed. First off, they got my car in right away, which made me very happy. Then I was walking back in from outside (I just happened to go through the service entrance so I could check up on my car ) when the service guy asks me if I want to have a look around the underside of my car. I was amazed as that was what I was just going to ask him! So I got my first look at the underside of my car, and then went back to sit in the recliner in the waiting area.
When the car was done, the service rep called me up to the desk, and to my amazement, he had the spark plug TSB right there! He asked when I wanted to schedule the appointment for the TSB, so I made the appointment, and headed on home. Once I got home, I checked to make sure that the oil level was correct, and that everything was on tight! And to my suprise, everything they could have done right, they actually did!! I was especially suprised that they were so proactive with the TSB, as I haven't even gotten the letter from AHM.

Just thought I'd share a good story, as it seems that so many people have really bad relationships with their dealerships!
Old 07-22-2002, 01:28 PM

You should post who the dealer is, just in case other people in your area want to go there.
Old 07-22-2002, 01:42 PM

Oops, I forgot the dealership...it's St. John's Honda up in North Portland. It's a small dealership, and the people have been great to me, unlike some other dealerships who don't seem to like dealing younger people(I'm 23).
Old 07-22-2002, 04:07 PM

That's a cool story. Nice to see some dealers do a good job and really care, particularly since you are young. I'm 33 now but have a boyish face, and that can be a disadvantage at times if you are dealing with someone who doesn't like young men.

Also, i'd suggest you get the name of the service manager/rep you dealt with for scheduling the servicing and the name of the technician/mechanic who actually did the work. You will have a better chance of repeating that good experience if you use people who have already demonstrated competence for you.
Old 07-22-2002, 04:31 PM

Originally posted by AirWolf
Well, I went in to get my first oil change last week.... when the service guy asks me if I want to have a look around the underside of my car. I was amazed as that was what I was just going to ask him! So I got my first look at the underside of my car...
PERVERT... I'm reporting you to AHM!!!
Old 07-23-2002, 06:18 AM

Originally posted by 21wS2K

PERVERT... I'm reporting you to AHM!!!
Yeah well...can you tell me that you haven't taken a peek???

Gantra, that's a great idea...I'll make sure to get their names when I go in for the spark plug TSB whenever they get the parts in from AHM.