S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Keyless Entry Problem

Old 10-26-2022, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keyless Entry Problem

Hi all- I got a real head scratcher and was looking for some help I’ve exhausted everything I can do on my own that I can think of, and have searched everywhere and this is my last hope before going to a dealership.
-When this started-
This all started the night I recieved my newly cut flip key fob in the mail from a guy off another s2k FB page when I went to pair it to my ap1 (02). Long story short you send him your stock fob/ key and he “clones it” to a flip key to be able to work/pair with your car. I was just looking to bring the key into the 21st century. I have deprogrammed and reprogrammed both keys ( New Flip, and Old remote with key) to the car over what seems to be 20 times. I have contacted him to see if somehow when cloning something went wrong but not the issue see below. Non of his previous clients have had this issue.
- What’s going on-
Both Fobs ( new and old) will NOT COMMUNICATE with my driver side door. BOTH fobs WILL communicate with my passenger side door and trunk ( lock, unlock, pop trunk). Soooo, I know the car is recognizing the signal. Again, BOTH Fobs WILL NOT communicate to my driver side actuator.
- What I’ve done to try to try to fix -
Replaced the driver side actuator with new OEM ( did not fix issue)
Ordered a used driver side door harness off of LeeCparts. Plugged in down by fuse box and ONLY plugged into new actuator (tried old actuator too) still does not fix the issue. Again, I didn’t fully wire the harness in- don’t know if that matters???
I'm pretty sure i have checked the right fuses to make sure they are good. I even replaced the fuse under the steering column just to be on the safe side.
**Here’s the weird part if I UNLOCK the passenger side, and then manually move the driver side actuator lever from UNLOCK to LOCK IT WILL send the signal/ communicate with the car and lock my passenger side door.
- Assumptions-
Am I safe to assume that there’s some sort of electrical issue in the main harness seeing actuator will send the signal to lock passenger side door? Seeing two door harnesses and two actuators will produce the exact same issues? Again I don’t think it’s the fobs bc my car is accepting the pairing for my passenger/trunk.

Is this a huge deal? No, I can still manually lock and unlock the car with the actual key each time. Just a very annoying Gremlin that my dumbass produced some how.
I really appreciate the help and advice on what other things I should do to try to fix this. please excuse the typos, edited it multi times hah.