S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

to mod or not to mod...

Old 12-08-2000, 04:15 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally posted by 2x6spds:

The stock stereo is good only in the off position.

Amen to that!
Old 12-08-2000, 04:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am done for now. Well, that is untill I itch enough, then you will probably be hearing about my NOS experiances.
Old 12-08-2000, 05:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a very personal choice.
Some people like the car stock some like to tinker and improve it, even if its a little.

I fall in the second group but have learned over the years to have patience and research things. Specialy with this car since things cost so much. I also try to keep mods on this car to a bolt-on basis, so they are easy to take off, a buy from reputable tuners.

Thank God this board exists and we can exchange results and opinions on different mods.

I respect the opinion of those that they like their cars stock as I expect from them to respect and undestand that it's my choice to mod the car.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-08-2000, 05:24 AM
Community Organizer

Received 91 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally posted by Pepe:
This is a very personal choice.
Some people like the car stock some like to tinker and improve it, even if its a little.

I fall in the second group but have learned over the years to have patience and research things. Specialy with this car since things cost so much. I also try to keep mods on this car to a bolt-on basis, so they are easy to take off, a buy from reputable tuners.

Thank God this board exists and we can exchange results and opinions on different mods.

I respect the opinion of those that they like their cars stock as I expect from them to respect and undestand that it's my choice to mod the car.

Just my 2 cents.
HERE HERE! Well said Pepe!

BTW: I the only sound I got from my Mugen headers was a little more sound of the air surge due to a thinner wall of the headers. Exhaust note changed slightly. Now I got a wierd rattle that happens exactly at 7,000 rpms though I think its the stock heat shield.

Old 12-08-2000, 07:42 AM
Bieg

The car will always have it's highest value as close to Showroom as possible.

Like Pepe said try to limit your mods to things that can be un-done when you sell. For God Sake DON'T cut up your factory hood to do a CAI system!

SAVE all your factory parts (yes even the wizzer cone speakers) for when you sell to a serious collector.

Watch "Dream Car Garage" or "My Classic Car" (on SpeedVision, the worlds best network) to see the PAINS they go through to bring a car back to factory original condition.

This is a car worth keeping my friends. It will be a "Cult Classic".