S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

my love hate relationship with my s2000

Old 09-02-2008, 11:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely sucks that you have had those problems. So if I read that correctly, your car is a salvage title then? Maybe that is where this all started from. You should've just gave it up and gotten a different S instead of buying it back. It looks like it wasn't worth buying it back regardless of what great deal you came out with. I don't even know what the resale value is on a salvaged car. Probably not good.

Anyways, get rid of this one and get yourself back into a good used if not new S. Their are many people that can tell you that the drive train in the S can definitely keep up with the power. I'm pretty sure some of the accidents and major abuse played a good part in the downfall of your S. Good luck with w/e direction you take.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:54 AM

You never know about the NEXT toy you buy. At a certain point at least you know about the one you've got. But hey, toys are toys. Swap 'em if you've got 'em.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:07 PM

Could we have the Cliff Notes version?
Old 09-02-2008, 05:56 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i like the kid who said can we have the clif note version he is funny. i alrady gave you the shorten version. the car is now seven years old so it doesnt get a salvage title. i would take a major loss on it if i sold it so no turning back now. im gonna buy an ap2 trans and sleve it and boost it and continue to beat the **** out of it. if i have to drive like a pussy i would rather walk. thanks for the support and for the kid who called me an idiot i challenge you to a test of intelligence. general knowledge, science, math, automotive technology, perhaps history...anything you want.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:58 PM

Sorry, fella but the "kid who said can we have the Cliff Notes version" is 57 years old. And I do hope that you aren't challenging the "kid who called me an idiot" to a test of writing ability, because you cannot carry a coherent thought from the start of a sentence through the end of that sentence.

Since you "alrady gave (us) the shorten version" I assume that
"it all started last october. i had planned on buying an s2000 in april when my tax check came in but the depression inspired from a recent break up had sped things up. i needed an instant sorce of gradifcation to take my mind of things so i started looking for a red black or white ap1 s2000. after many problems and traveling through 4 different states to look at cars i had given up and decided to wait. a week later i get an email and my enthusiams is reignited. i end up getting a black 01 with 33,059 miles on it. it was the love of my life. i picked it up on october 27 adding to the enjoyment was strange 75 degree weather. over the next two weeks i put ten thousand miles on the car and continued to wash and wax it everyday til january. it was an addiction and life style. i had even memorized my VIN number to give the car an identity. time continued and things didnt start to go down hill until about may. it all started when i got pulled over one sunday night with the top down. i recived 2 tickets and 6 points. two days later an SUV hit a deer into my lane. the deer went under mycar and the car got air born. car is out of commision for a month and the insurance company totals it. i end up getting it fixed for four thousand dollars. and making a bunch of money on the deal. it was a political situation with alot of fights between the adjuster trying to force me out of the shop and spite me and the body shop fighting for me. needless to say i brought the car to a very high end shop and the insurance company didnt like it. eitherway the car has been back on the road for two weeks and i take a road trip to south carolina with my girl friend after getting a paid week off due to an accident at work that required surgery to reconnect tendents in my hand. we get fifty miles from where i have to be in SC and finally get of I-95 and i decide dropping the clutch is in order. this is why im an idiot. one of the keepers on the clutch springs broke and fell into my pressure plate and it wouldnt release. 2000 dollars later a one handed mechanic from NJ is playing honda to install a new ACT clutch and flywheel(price including parts and labor). Three days later im home and i go to the track. take two teeth off my pinion. five thousand dollars and a 91 300zx i bought and sold i have all new drivetrain minus the trans which i thought could handle massive power. i go to the track again wanting to see what this new stuff can do. i get home and all is well. two days later my trans feels rough going into first and is making alot of noise. which brings me to now. now is the point where im 11 grand in the hole and cant go back to school til next semister cause i have an addiction for beating the shit out of my car. but i have reached the point of not giving a shit. oh and over the corse of all this i bought a crx that my friend told me was reliable with a d16y8 in it and i got down to the shore one night and found out it had 1/2 inch bolts holding the drivers side mount to the block. that motor hit the ground hard. so eitherway im not sure why im writting this whole thing except to say the drive trains in our cars cant keep up with the motors and im pissed cause i havent had the car a year yet and a lot of my major components already failed. sorry for wasting your time i was just bored"

could have been condensed to

"i bought the car to beat on it. i like to go fast and make alot of noise and do doughnuts and shit. i started my whole car intrest on american muscle and i guess it gets ingrained in you that burn outs are the coolest thing alive. they just cost you alot in japan i suppose. on and d16y8 suck crx is not fun and i hate fwd. its evil"

in the first place.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by christopherboon,Sep 1 2008, 08:08 PM
it all started when i got pulled over one sunday night with the top down. i recived 2 tickets and 6 points.
Damn, two tickets just for driving with the top down? Glad I have a hardtop!