S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

New S2000 - Missing Oil Cap?

Old 12-16-2014, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by honda606
Originally Posted by Mister Clean' timestamp='1417620009' post='23425469
Congratulations with the purchase! I was actually looking at that particular S2000 at Bridgewater Acura three weeks ago, but ended up with the other 6K mile AP2 they had in stock as I preferred the color better.

Maybe the tech just genuinely forgot to screw the cap back on, or didn't screw it on tight enough?

Anyway, I recall reading your post in the "Is this worth it?" thread. Do you mind sharing the final price you settled on for that S2000? I was in the same situation when buying my car, they were only going to negotiate in the hundreds, not thousands.

Hope you're enjoying your S2000 as much as I am!
I can't believe after sitting on those two cars for almost a year that they were only willing to budge by hundreds.

Bridgewater and Sussex Honda are two places I just could never give my business to. They have ridiculous asking prices for their S2000s. Sussex is by far the worst though. Both located in New Jersey with absolutely no clue as to the current market value of these vehicles. Go figure.

Congrats on the new rides Spagolli94 and Mister Clean. Enjoy them.
Yeah, I can't say they were the nicest dealer I've ever worked with. In their defense, the day I showed up to test drive the car, they were swamped. I've never seen a dealership so busy with customers. In the end, I might not have gotten the best deal, but then again, it's not like there were many Honda S2000s with only 6k miles to chose from. I'm not quite sure how this dealer ended up with two. I get the feeling they were originally hoping for high 20's - they had a $29k sticker on the car. They probably were lowering the Internet price by $500 per month or so, knowing that once it got to the mid-20's somebody would probably bite. My only option would've been to wait it out for them to gradually lower the price as time passed, and just hope that another buyer didn't jump on it.

In the end, I'm super happy. I plan on keeping this car for a long time, taking great care of it and only putting weekend miles on the car. So who knows, maybe in 10 years I'll be able to get my money back, if not more. Regardless, I'll be having lots of fun in the meantime!!
Old 12-17-2014, 04:31 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Spagolli94
Yeah, I can't say they were the nicest dealer I've ever worked with. In their defense, the day I showed up to test drive the car, they were swamped. I've never seen a dealership so busy with customers. In the end, I might not have gotten the best deal, but then again, it's not like there were many Honda S2000s with only 6k miles to chose from. I'm not quite sure how this dealer ended up with two. I get the feeling they were originally hoping for high 20's - they had a $29k sticker on the car. They probably were lowering the Internet price by $500 per month or so, knowing that once it got to the mid-20's somebody would probably bite. My only option would've been to wait it out for them to gradually lower the price as time passed, and just hope that another buyer didn't jump on it.

In the end, I'm super happy. I plan on keeping this car for a long time, taking great care of it and only putting weekend miles on the car. So who knows, maybe in 10 years I'll be able to get my money back, if not more. Regardless, I'll be having lots of fun in the meantime!!
You and Mister Clean should definitely have zero regrets. No you didn't get one over on the dealers but hardly any do. You certainly weren't taken through the ringer on price and I agree that 6k mile S2000s are not a dime a dozen. I think both of you got very fair deals and should be quite pleased with your purchases.
Old 12-17-2014, 06:23 AM

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Jtanaka
Congrats on such a low mile purchase. This reminded me of my dealership with an 09 with and they were asking 29k for the car. I found this car after a black 07 sold with 6k on the motor for 27k!!! The black one was located in SD and the 09 one was located in LA.
Not too far away but still, I missed my chances on the low mile one so congrats on the purchase.

I ended up picking up an 05 for cheaper since the 09 one didn't want to work with me.
LOL!

Was this the CPO silverstone 09 at Marina Honda? I tried real hard to bring them down but they wouldnt budge... I checked out 3 09's and they were the most willing to work with me however after extensively looking at the car and the miles i was not comfortable spending that much for it. M

Eventually i found an 08 LBP with oem hardtop for $21k and i paid asking price.... i was done negotiating and i wanted the car bad. I didn't even test drive the car yet, it was still in their back lot since they just received it from a trade in. Buddy of mine informed me that they received it and i quickly packed my bags and ran over to the Dealership and bought her after carefully inspecting the car. It had close to 50k miles but it had one owner and was bone stock.

To the OP you scored.... I would be very comfortable spending $25+ for a car in that condition and those miles. S2000's, particuarly bone stock/clean ones are getting harder and harder to come by. If the car makes you happy that's all that really matters. Im willing to overpay for a clean car.
Old 12-17-2014, 08:05 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by honda606
Originally Posted by Spagolli94' timestamp='1418776243' post='23439470

You and Mister Clean should definitely have zero regrets. No you didn't get one over on the dealers but hardly any do. You certainly weren't taken through the ringer on price and I agree that 6k mile S2000s are not a dime a dozen. I think both of you got very fair deals and should be quite pleased with your purchases.

Thank you for the kind words! I definitely don't have any regrets- as I've said before, I feel great to have found such a clean and low mileage example S2000 so close to home. Can't really ask for more, and I'm sure I can speak for Spagolli94 too: these two cars have found great homes and will be enjoyed for a long time. If we had not purchased the cars when we had, it would only be a matter of time till someone else came along, willing to pay the price.

For now, mine is in being stored in the garage for the winter. Till next year!
Old 12-18-2014, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mister Clean
Originally Posted by honda606' timestamp='1418823065' post='23439913
[quote name='Spagolli94' timestamp='1418776243' post='23439470']

Thank you for the kind words! I definitely don't have any regrets- as I've said before, I feel great to have found such a clean and low mileage example S2000 so close to home. Can't really ask for more, and I'm sure I can speak for Spagolli94 too: these two cars have found great homes and will be enjoyed for a long time. If we had not purchased the cars when we had, it would only be a matter of time till someone else came along, willing to pay the price.

[/quote]

My new baby is currently at Young's Auto Shop getting new tires (Mich Pilot SS), fluids, a required state inspection and a general once over. Young is an S2K owner himself and is the go-to mechanic for many Philly area S2k owners, as well as a member of this forum. Anyway, he said it's the most mint S2k he's ever seen, so that made me feel good and justified paying a bit of a higher price for such an incredibly clean car.

I'm not sure if I'm going to technically "store" mine for the winter. I imagine I'll take it out for a spin whenever the weather allows. Being that will only be a couple times a month, should I consider putting some Stabil in the tank? Chances are one tank of gas is going to last all winter.

Mister Clean, as time passes, it will be interesting to see who puts more miles on our "twins."
Old 12-24-2014, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Spagolli94
Originally Posted by Mister Clean' timestamp='1418835925' post='23440105
[quote name='honda606' timestamp='1418823065' post='23439913']
[quote name='Spagolli94' timestamp='1418776243' post='23439470']

[/quote]

My new baby is currently at Young's Auto Shop getting new tires (Mich Pilot SS), fluids, a required state inspection and a general once over. Young is an S2K owner himself and is the go-to mechanic for many Philly area S2k owners, as well as a member of this forum. Anyway, he said it's the most mint S2k he's ever seen, so that made me feel good and justified paying a bit of a higher price for such an incredibly clean car.

I'm not sure if I'm going to technically "store" mine for the winter. I imagine I'll take it out for a spin whenever the weather allows. Being that will only be a couple times a month, should I consider putting some Stabil in the tank? Chances are one tank of gas is going to last all winter.

Mister Clean, as time passes, it will be interesting to see who puts more miles on our "twins."
[/quote]

That might be tough! My current daily driver is an '06 TSX that just rolled over to 20K miles. I don't think I'll be driving the S2000 much, just on weekends and nice summer days. Either way, we'll see, and I don't think there are many other S2000s with similarly low miles in the tri-state area like the ones we have that can compete with us!

Also I saw your post about the Michelin PSS, I might have to go with those once my car comes out of storage in the spring!
Old 12-24-2014, 08:31 AM

"Nice summer days."

It's 40 degrees and raining AGAIN. The thought of a nice summer day seems very, very far away.
Old 12-24-2014, 08:46 AM

No kidding. I hate staring at my s2000 in the garage right now. This rain is killer and Summer is a pipe dream right now.

Good thing about that though is we can daydream of what we can do to our cars in the meantime! I'm beginning to stockpile parts- already have a BNIB set of floor mats for the s2000 so I don't have to worry about wearing down the ones that came with the car. Also thinking about purchasing the following:

-extra OEM shift knob
-extra OEM door sills
-Honda Access Premium Mats (to protect the "hump" portion of the frame)
-Clazzio seat covers (to keep the mint seats mint without having to bolt on a spare set of seats)
-extra set of AP2V1 wheels (two of mine have slight curbage, not really making me too happy to see the car sit like that)

The OCD begins!