S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Not 100% satisfied with the s2000

Old 01-13-2015, 11:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not 100% satisfied with the s2000

Exactly what the post says. I'm trying to get some light shed on this..

I don't know exactly what it is... Maybe it's the fact that my cars in the garage broken right now, maybe not. But since I've had the car, it's been a BLAST!.. But something is missing...

Is it boost? I'm a driver first, so tearing up the hometown streets are always a desire after work.

I know the only other car I was going to pickup was going to be an FD and single turbo it from there. But I'd have to run a daily driver with the FD build.. With the s2k I can just drive it. But it leaves me wanting more!! I can't figure out what I'm looking for!

Anyone else gone through it? Hah I don't think selling is really the answer, just looking for some alternative viewpoints...

As I type this I think the fact of the matter is, you're never going to be satisfied with just one car. Multiple is key.... Maybe? Haha HELP!
Old 01-14-2015, 12:41 AM

What exactly you don't like about it?
Old 01-14-2015, 01:22 AM

LOL I can relate. Over time, every car leaves me wanting. Having multiple vehicles for different needs helps a bit, as I'm not driving the same car every day. However, that's more to buy, insure, maintain, and clean. Even then, the bug still gnaws at me on occasion.
Old 01-14-2015, 04:43 AM

Perhaps a deeper exhaust tone? That's what did it for me.
Old 01-14-2015, 04:55 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Kinda went through this as well. As mentioned above having multiple vehicles does help. I would drive my daily and then when I got in the s2k I would have a big smile on my face and fall in love all over again.
Old 01-14-2015, 05:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No one car is good for " All seasons or for all reasons".That's why we have 5 cars.All diff animals with diff personalities.

\rlr
Carolina
Old 01-14-2015, 05:46 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Give yourself a track day with the S. That'll change your mind completely.
Old 01-14-2015, 07:03 AM

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Please note that acceleration is one of the most expensive drugs there is, more and more is needed to achieve the same rush.

However, the effects do wear off and your S2000 will feel a lot faster when you get it out in the spring
Old 01-14-2015, 08:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At times I go through that when I see some other sports cars (like the new BMWs or even the new STIs). But when I get into the seat of the S, it just feels right. So I have decided to work on it to get it to the point where I can't wait to drive it.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Neeekd
With the s2k I can just drive it. But it leaves me wanting more!! I can't figure out what I'm looking for!
We certainly can't tell you what it is. You have to tell us what you find lacking. If you don't know what it is then how do you know you want more? What do you want more of? If you really can't figure it out then you may be the problem versus your cars.

Originally Posted by Neeekd
As I type this I think the fact of the matter is, you're never going to be satisfied with just one car.
Don't confuse "you" and "I". I'm happy with mine. YMMV. Again, you have to determine where the deficiency lies for you.

Spent any time with it on the track?

Quick Reply: Not 100% satisfied with the s2000