S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Not 100% satisfied with the s2000

Old 01-14-2015, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

grab yourself a daily beater and keep the S2k.
Very few car drives like it
Old 01-14-2015, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Spagolli94
Think of it like shoes. I have shoes for the gym, shoes for tennis, shoes for hiking and shoes for work. There's no way you could find just one shoe to do everything great.
+1 for this. Good way to look at it.

I will say this.. I did pick up the car because of the resemblance to the FD, and the handling, but also because of modernity of it.
Old 01-14-2015, 05:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't think the op's car is missing something I think you're just getting used to it and want to change something about it. I agree with the others and you may want a 2nd car for normal daily life and the s2k for fun. Ive had many sports cars through my life and the s2k has been the only one ive used daily. It doesn't make sense when I think of it but the reason I can never ever get bored or used to it is cause I work in the sales dept of a Honda Dealership since 2004. Working as a car salesman I get to drive hundreds of new and used cars a month of all different varieties and honestly besides a viper nothing else has entertained me like my s2k. After test driving todays boring Hondas and the fact that manual trans cars are slowly disappearing make me want to jump in my s2k even quicker after my day is over at work lol
Old 01-14-2015, 06:03 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Neeekd
Originally Posted by Spagolli94' timestamp='1421268361' post='23468236

Think of it like shoes. I have shoes for the gym, shoes for tennis, shoes for hiking and shoes for work. There's no way you could find just one shoe to do everything great.
+1 for this. Good way to look at it.

I will say this.. I did pick up the car because of the resemblance to the FD, and the handling, but also because of modernity of it.
Oh and by the way I had 2 rx7's in my life. An all motor 84 (I think) and a turbo 93 and both were a ton of fun but the least reliable cars ive ever had. If you don't know how to work on rotary engines or know someone that does keep away they will suck you dry lol This was over 15 years ago but still remember getting stranded quite often with both rx7s
Old 01-14-2015, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by 8.5kallday
Oh and by the way I had 2 rx7's in my life. An all motor 84 (I think) and a turbo 93 and both were a ton of fun but the least reliable cars ive ever had. If you don't know how to work on rotary engines or know someone that does keep away they will suck you dry lol This was over 15 years ago but still remember getting stranded quite often with both rx7s
I appreciate all the insight man!!

& that of course is why it would have been the project. I'd run rotary till I blow it. The 2jz and maybe an RB after while. I can't get over the body lines of that sexy b****! But you're right. Actually not a thing is wrong with the car, I just think I want to have fun in the s2k, and then daily something else. So that I don't get bored when I can't bang 9k sitting in stop go traffic. But the occasional thumbs up from other drivers is still awesome.

But you're 100% on point. &I'm not a fan of the supercar shifting either we are starting to see.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:15 AM

I bought the s2k as a work beater, my 02 VW TDI bug gets really boring, and the 2012 evo is still too new to leave at work all day. But, I still take the evo to work every now and then, and the bug on real nasty days. My wife drives fx4 supercrew eco f150, so we have 4. I would like a new mustang as well, maybe in a few years.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:44 AM

I can relate to what your saying. But for me most if not all cars ive driven need tweaking to meet my expectations of how the car should feel, chassis and engine wise.

The S2000, especially the AP1 in my opinion needs a fair amount of mods to feel special. Otherwise, it feels good, but its definitely missing a rough edge to it both engine and chassis.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Swayse
I bought the s2k as a work beater, my 02 VW TDI bug gets really boring, and the 2012 evo is still too new to leave at work all day. But, I still take the evo to work every now and then, and the bug on real nasty days. My wife drives fx4 supercrew eco f150, so we have 4. I would like a new mustang as well, maybe in a few years.
Mine is an ap1, 03. I really do enjoy it, I don't think I'll ever modify it. Once you start modifying, there is no end, and you can't go back. When I get bored, I drive something else, then come back to it. Then it's perfect again.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:56 AM

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

I drove my car stock for a few years and enjoyed it immensely. A couple years ago I got a civic as my daily driver and decided to start modifying the s2000 (since I could stand to take it off of the road for stretches). I can honestly say that everything I've done to the car has made it that much more enjoyable for me without any draw-backs. It still drives like it used to and is just more sharp and powerful.

If you start to get bored of it, start doing some research on making it your own!
Old 01-15-2015, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by d16tof22
I drove my car stock for a few years and enjoyed it immensely. A couple years ago I got a civic as my daily driver and decided to start modifying the s2000 (since I could stand to take it off of the road for stretches). I can honestly say that everything I've done to the car has made it that much more enjoyable for me without any draw-backs. It still drives like it used to and is just more sharp and powerful.

If you start to get bored of it, start doing some research on making it your own!
Besides welding the j's 70r I haven't meddled with the motor yet.. But now that I see in your sig. you're running the SOS kit..

worth it?

Got a deal on one offered the other day..

Quick Reply: Not 100% satisfied with the s2000