S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Not worth the time, not worth the risk, not worth your S2k, not worth your life!!!!

Old 09-03-2020, 07:47 AM

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Not worth the time, not worth the risk, not worth your S2k, not worth your life!!!!

Being an owner over 20 years and on this board since the beginning, I've seen a few S2k accidents where drivers and sometime passenger have been killed. A few have been friends from the S2Ki and S2KCA communities. It doesn't happen all too often, but each and everytime I've seen or read about one of these, it becomes a sobering reminder to just take it easy on the streets in your S2K and be extra vigilante when working under your car when it's jacked up or on stands.

No amount of left lane Lucys, aggressive cut off, roll coalers, quick wheel changes are worth your s2k and your life.

Enjoy the car, enjoy the build, enjoy the ownership, enjoy the community.....be safe, live long.

RIP to the driver of this S2K.
https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...lls-1/2520741/
The following 4 users liked this post by Luder94:
GuthNW (09-08-2020), Quahogboy (09-03-2020), Rekka (09-07-2020), sam_spider (09-03-2020)
Old 09-03-2020, 07:52 AM

Received 1,211 Likes on 936 Posts

Agree, have seen too many of these in all sorts of cars. On another car forum I was on in the past, we had a member who normally was anti street racing, but got goaded into it by a friend, ended up sliding across a lane, hitting a car with a family in it, both cars caught on fire and he died. Such a waste for dumb street racing. There are plenty of opps to get on a track or autocross course these days that are not that expensive. So much more fun, better way to learn and most importantly a LOT safer.

Same with working on your car. I cannot believe how many times at autocross events that people have to be yelled at to put a jack stand under the car while being under it. Baffles me. Plenty of risk in lots of things we do without adding un-needed risk. I would rather slam and injure myself on my snowboard than get part of me crushed under the car I am working on any day!
Old 09-03-2020, 07:53 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Whoa. That was an awful wreck. That could not have gone any worse for the S2k driver. I don't know how you get involved in a collision like that without even slowing down (Ford).
Old 09-03-2020, 08:02 AM

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

When driving our cars you have to think and watch out for yourself.
This should have never happened. Drive responsibly and recognize
the situation around you......sad
Old 09-03-2020, 11:01 AM

Received 1,264 Likes on 956 Posts

Originally Posted by samk
Whoa. That was an awful wreck. That could not have gone any worse for the S2k driver. I don't know how you get involved in a collision like that without even slowing down (Ford).

seems like they were racing to merge. neither wanted to yield to the merge because road rage ego. But that's just what I saw based on the video.

Dude on the porch got the S2000 intake noise spot on tho.
The following 2 users liked this post by B serious:
jackmugen02 (09-06-2020), SavvyEngineer (10-02-2020)
Old 09-03-2020, 11:24 AM

Received 77 Likes on 67 Posts

My nightmare in this car is being t-boned; but t-boned and crushed from the other side at the same time? That never crossed my mind.

RIP to the driver. I hope they catch the driver of the Ford. It seems like she didn't even brake after contact and crushed the poor guy. Then she fled the scene.
Old 09-03-2020, 11:36 AM

I think she hit the brakes. If you look you can see the wheels spinning then they stop or nearly stop (ABS) as the S2k is pushed into the other cars. But both were going WAY too fast and the piece of shit then fled the scene. I have locally seen a dramatic increase in people purposely driving like assholes lately. Had a jerkoff in a Rover purposely screwing with us recently. We were in the pickup, loaded down for a camping trip and the dick was purposely pacing us, then speeding up to block us behind traffic, then getting back in front of us and slowing down. We did absolutely nothing prior to that. We were simply in the right lane on cruise, moved over to pass slower traffic (him) and then he started this shit.. then would get beside us and smile really big at us. Dude has no clue how lucky he was we are more logical people, as it would have taken one "oops I didn't see you cutting me off" to PIT his dumb ass into a median wall. He finally just went on his way and other than flipping him off we kept our cool. Have had a few other people do similar things lately and cant remember the last time I had people purposely trying to cause an issue like that before this year.
Old 09-03-2020, 11:38 AM

Received 1,264 Likes on 956 Posts

Originally Posted by engifineer
I think she hit the brakes. If you look you can see the wheels spinning then they stop or nearly stop (ABS) as the S2k is pushed into the other cars. But both were going WAY too fast and the piece of shit then fled the scene. I have locally seen a dramatic increase in people purposely driving like assholes lately. Had a jerkoff in a Rover purposely screwing with us recently. We were in the pickup, loaded down for a camping trip and the dick was purposely pacing us, then speeding up to block us behind traffic, then getting back in front of us and slowing down. We did absolutely nothing prior to that. We were simply in the right lane on cruise, moved over to pass slower traffic (him) and then he started this shit.. then would get beside us and smile really big at us. Dude has no clue how lucky he was we are more logical people, as it would have taken one "oops I didn't see you cutting me off" to PIT his dumb ass into a median wall. He finally just went on his way and other than flipping him off we kept our cool. Have had a few other people do similar things lately and cant remember the last time I had people purposely trying to cause an issue like that before this year.

1.) Was he a FIB?
2.) Do you people also use the term FIB?
Old 09-03-2020, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by B serious
1.) Was he a FIB?
2.) Do you people also use the term FIB?
hahaha I actually had to look that one up .... no he was an FMB! At least his plates were from here!
Old 09-03-2020, 12:28 PM

Received 3,390 Likes on 2,461 Posts

Looked like one of those events where you expect to pass a slower moving car and you assume that you will pull in front of them once past. But the other car speeds up intentionally and you run out of room. That wasn't just any ordinary accident, dumb moves on both vehicles.

Quick Reply: Not worth the time, not worth the risk, not worth your S2k, not worth your life!!!!