S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Photos of new windscreen prototype: we have a winner: problems have been solved

Old 10-29-2000, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright, as the only other person to see the new windscreen in person (and the only person to drive with it on my car)...here is my unbiased opinion.

1) The logo looks fantastic, looks great from behind the car (as you pass all of the slower cars on the road) and reads correctly in the rear-view mirror.

2) The height is perfect...high enough to block a substantial amount of wind but also lets you access the "secret" compartment with relative ease. (If you think it is too high or will block too much wind, check out the stock wind deflector on a Boxster...it's about the same height).

3) Does not interfere with rear vision nor does it create any annoying reflections (non that bothered me, at least).

4) This will be easy to install.

Negatives: It is a little harder to get into the "secret" compartment, if you keep anything in this compartment that you routinely need....don't!

Just my opinions...but I know that this will be a great addition to my stook.
Old 10-29-2000, 04:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To answer the questions:

Yes, I will provide just the plastic piece, which fits perfectly into the stock mechanism. I will provide instructions on how to take apart the stock mechanism.

You cannot put the top up or down with the aeroscreen folded down: the aeroscreen must always be up when the top is raised or lowered. And yes, whenever you raise or lower the aeroscreen with the top up, you'll have to push the plastic window out a bit for clearance. It's a little incovenient, but IMHO, worth it (I like it so much, I'm putting the prototype on my car as soon as it arrives).

And Jay, you have to see this in the flesh to appreciate it. The pictures really don't do it justice. IMO, the aesthetics are now just right, and to make it any lower would weaken the appearance.
Old 10-29-2000, 04:24 PM

I have to agree with Rick on his last post:

"you have to see this in the flesh to appreciate it. The pictures really don't do it justice."

The top of the plexiglass fits perfectly between the two roll bars, its just tough to see in the pictures.
Old 10-29-2000, 04:28 PM

Hell, sign me up for another Rick accessory!
Old 10-29-2000, 04:41 PM

I think I'm going to name my first born "Rick" !!

I can't wait to order one!

Ron

Old 10-29-2000, 04:41 PM

Wow...Looks so much better than the last post. I think it would even look better with smoke-plastic instead of just clear plastic. S2000 logo really makes the final product stand out. Good job guys!!!
Old 10-29-2000, 04:53 PM

Sign me up too. The logo is awesome.
Old 10-29-2000, 04:54 PM

I am thoroughly impressed and would be proud to have one on my baby. Great job guys! Can't wait to find out about cost and delivery. Put me down for the first shipment.

Old 10-29-2000, 05:02 PM

I'm interested too. Rick, you need to slow down on these accessories. My wife's gonna kill me if I try to buy them all
Old 10-29-2000, 05:04 PM

Rick, Great Job Again! The screen looks great and I love the S2000 etching. Count me in for an order!

Quick Reply: Photos of new windscreen prototype: we have a winner: problems have been solved