S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

PuddyMod update thank you

Old 04-04-2018, 07:39 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Sorry to hear of your family members passing.. they truly do become family especially after 16 years.
Old 04-04-2018, 09:37 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Very sorry to hear of your loss. Looks like Loona was a maltese; incredibly loyal and loving dogs. I've got one myself that is a little over 2 years old... He's my first dog and I can't even think about not having him around now.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:02 AM

Received 171 Likes on 85 Posts

Sorry for your loss....
Old 04-04-2018, 10:19 AM

Received 179 Likes on 138 Posts

Having dogs in my life (I'm not often sure who owns who) is such a wonderful experience as the particular form of companionship dogs provide is simply unrivaled. I suppose then it only makes sense that by the same token losing one of these companions is one of the hardest things to endure. I've found it helpful at those hardest of times to remind myself that not only was I lucky to have had that particular dog in my life, but that my dog was also very fortunate have spent it's life in my home where I know that it was loved and cared for just as with any other member of my family. It works both ways, the pain and the gain all come together with the deal. It's often overlooked at the time of loss, but try not to let yourself forget that you both benefited from one another.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:37 AM

Received 280 Likes on 140 Posts

So sorry for your loss. I remember seeing your explanation of "puddy" many years ago and it stuck with me, even to the point that I've always thought of your little companions when I see your posts.
Old 04-05-2018, 02:03 AM

Received 187 Likes on 161 Posts

Sorry for your loss PuddyDad! When your pet dies its like losing a family member because that's what they are - family members
Old 04-05-2018, 11:42 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

So sorry for the loss of Loona. As has been so well said already, our beloved pets truly are like the BEST family members and friends we can be blessed with. Having lost our last companion, Carley, in December, we are still sad, but Lucy just came to us (another rescue dog), and she is doing great at filling the void and providing new adventures. Peace, and best wishes for another wonder puddydog.
Old 04-05-2018, 06:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are lakes and meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who have been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His ears are alert; his bright eyes are intent; his body begins to quiver in eager anticipation. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him ever faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again lovingly caress that familiar head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart. For these quiet friends carry with them so many years of our own lives.Then both of you cross Rainbow Bridge,……together again,…….this time forever.

God Bless
Old 04-06-2018, 08:39 AM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry for your loss PuddyDad. We lost another dog last spring and thought we'd try life without them for a while. That 'while' lasted a whole month before we were back in the game. Hard to imagine life without such a companion