S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

A quick hello

Old 07-22-2017, 09:08 AM

Received 125 Likes on 106 Posts

Oh - also replaced OEM HID"s with Osram 5.5k's. They seem a bit brighter... should get even brighter after they break in...
Amazon Amazon
Old 08-02-2017, 08:36 AM

Added the Berk 70mm HFC.
Quieter at low throttle cruise (especially noticeable on highway).
More volume and rasp at WOT (in a good way) - it's deff not a quiet car when you wromp on it!
More throttle response.
Feels slightly more peppy under partial throttle.
WOT VTEC feels about the same to be honest.

It's mated to my Miltek Dual which is a 69.85mm system.
I'm torn if i should now tune or not. Plans are to keep it mostly stock - obviously that is a slippery slope once you start with performance mods. A few bolt-ons to me is mostly stock tho.
Old 08-03-2017, 04:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MrFunk
Spent the last 2 days tackling some of these parts.
Installed the Milltek exhaust yesterday along with front and read Eibach sways. Rear on soft front on stiff. The exhaust fit is very tight I'm I'm making contact with the under body. I'll see if my shop can help with some adjustments to rectify. The tips need a bit of adjustment too. Left is lower than right.
I also did an entire brake job - rotors, pads and lines. The sways made a noticeable improvement is body role and turn in. Went with hawk ceramic pads and stoptech disks & lines. The exhaust sounds great at idle - no drove at cruise... and there's a noticeable improvement in throttle response but the vibration where it's contacting the body is terrible. Next week I'm doing tires (this is probably going to be the greatest improvement) and the Eibach springs as well as a valve adjustment. Brakes feel great as well. I hated the dust so had to go ceramic. Had to drill out the screws holding the rotors on though - major PITA. Used anti-seize on the new ones.

Pics

No I'm not supporting any weight with the jack, just had it there for additional protection. Those jack stands are garbage.

This is where I'm having contact. Any input would be appreciated. I think perhaps a longer hanger would help? I almost feel like this portion was not manufactured to spec. It's just way too tight.
I just purchased a 2006, and was looking under it today. There is an 'A' written on the rear axle assembly, just like the 'A' on yours!!! Is the a coincidence, or common to S2000's?
Old 08-03-2017, 07:03 PM

I'm sure it's no coincidence. Maybe someone here knows why it's on there.. A for America? LOL...
Old 08-28-2017, 11:38 AM

Added a little more air... the sound is quite intoxicating. Now she's opened up from intake to exhaust except headers (which I do not plan on doing).

Old 09-18-2017, 08:47 PM

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

Loving your setup, I'm doing something very similar on my build in the Houston TX forum, I was pleased to see your fitment with the 15mm spacers as I'm waiting on my ap2v2's to come back from paint this week. Keep it up!
Old 09-19-2017, 05:49 AM

Thanks!
I'm toying with doing the shocks next and an e-tune.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:46 PM

She went into storage yesterday. Always a sad day.

Old 11-07-2017, 05:36 PM

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

Car is looking good! Question, are you getting any rub in the rear? We have the same wheel/tire/spacer combo, I installed some Ohlins and I get a little rub only on the driver side, I'm pretty sure it's because I'm 230lbs
Old 11-07-2017, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Nfinitecc
Car is looking good! Question, are you getting any rub in the rear? We have the same wheel/tire/spacer combo, I installed some Ohlins and I get a little rub only on the driver side, I'm pretty sure it's because I'm 230lbs
Thanks!
No rear wheel rub at all. Ive had plenty bigger passengers in the car with no rear rub. Ill get a little front wheel inner fender rub on very big dips but its barely a hint of rub... i cant even find where its making contact its so minor.

Quick Reply: A quick hello