S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Shipping Advise, Please?

Old 10-24-2013, 01:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2Kaputnik
Originally Posted by ateens4' timestamp='1381562362' post='22823989
aside from the shipping company's lack of ability to handle the car or having sufficient knowledge of the S2000's transmission layout. I would say its a plus to drive the car back and enjoy the drive.
LOL the complicated transmission "layout" is printed on the shift knob. These guys from Alpine or Intercity handle cars waaaaay more expensive and exotic than an S2K. With Intercity, there was a unreal '68 Shelby GT-500 in front of my car, and they had just dropped of a bunch of race cars for an event in Fontana.
people still can't seem to get the car into reverse. Hopefully, the guy handling the car isn't new on the job.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:51 AM

Received 192 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyrax
Time for an update! After all the calls, questions, and contemplatives, I've decided to go with Alpine. I got them paid, and the pick-up appointment sent for the 25th or the 26th, allowing for delays, and my early birthday gift to me will be arriving on or about November First!
Happy early birthday!
Old 10-24-2013, 08:20 AM
Former Moderator

Received 140 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by 2Kaputnik
Originally Posted by ateens4' timestamp='1381562362' post='22823989
aside from the shipping company's lack of ability to handle the car or having sufficient knowledge of the S2000's transmission layout. I would say its a plus to drive the car back and enjoy the drive.
LOL the complicated transmission "layout" is printed on the shift knob. These guys from Alpine or Intercity handle cars waaaaay more expensive and exotic than an S2K. With Intercity, there was a unreal '68 Shelby GT-500 in front of my car, and they had just dropped of a bunch of race cars for an event in Fontana.
I was wondering about that comment as well. If anything, getting the car started would have been the only question they might have had but these days, there are so many cars with Start buttons.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mocky
Originally Posted by 2Kaputnik' timestamp='1382592668' post='22843498
[quote name='ateens4' timestamp='1381562362' post='22823989']
I was wondering about that comment as well. If anything, getting the car started would have been the only question they might have had but these days, there are so many cars with Start buttons.
[/quote]

Totally valid points, but I'm comforted by the fact that the seller will educate the carrier as putting the car in reverse and how to start it. LOLZ. Or He will just have the seller load the car for him and save himself the trouble/embarrassment.

UPDATE: She was being loaded onto the truck this morning around 9am PST, and is now enroute. 7 Days and counting! Loading
Old 10-29-2013, 07:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cyrax
Originally Posted by Mocky' timestamp='1382631606' post='22844289
[quote name='2Kaputnik' timestamp='1382592668' post='22843498']
[quote name='ateens4' timestamp='1381562362' post='22823989']
[/quote]

Totally valid points, but I'm comforted by the fact that the seller will educate the carrier as putting the car in reverse and how to start it. LOLZ. Or He will just have the seller load the car for him and save himself the trouble/embarrassment.

UPDATE: She was being loaded onto the truck this morning around 9am PST, and is now enroute. 7 Days and counting! Loading
[/quote]

That would be great, rest assured and enjoy your new car
Old 10-30-2013, 08:25 AM

Update! My car is crossing into New Mexico as I type. Everything is on track I delivery tomorrow around noon, if all goes smoothly, that is.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:52 PM

At 9:30am this morning, my car finally arrived at work!!!! A full day ahead of schedule, undamaged! Alpine Transport Inc was nothing short of phenomenal during the whole process, from the first phone call and initial quote all the way through to the follow up and delivery confirmation. If anyone has a need to ship their car, give Dave Fountain a call at Alpine Transport Inc. I've gotten his permission to post his phone number here, and I hope it will prove useful to others. Company web address and Mr. Fountain's direct line is (712) 775-2151.

Dave had demonstrated superb customer service throughout the entire process from the first phone call for the initial quote, to calls merely to update me on my car's location and approximate delivery schedule, and finally to confirmation of delivery. It should be noted that he called me for the updates and at no point was I given the runaround, nor did I have to tolerate phone-tag with several clueless people. Just one person handled everything and did so with the utmost professionalism.

Thank you to everyone again for their valuable input and thoughts.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:17 PM

Great I would have shipped it as well! Now that you got the car its time to post up some pictures so we all can see!
Old 11-02-2013, 08:56 PM

[media]http://https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/gallery/image/839988-unloaded/[/media]
Originally Posted by Gotpepsi
Great I would have shipped it as well! Now that you got the car its time to post up some pictures so we all can see!
I'm gonna purchase membership on the forum so I can upload pics this evening. But I have been busy the last couple of days at my shop bringing things up to standard. So far I've...

1) Gotten the alignment done
2) Changed out the gearbox fluid with Amsoil MTF
3) Gotten the valves adjusted and dialed in
4) Gotten the brake fluid changed and the reservoir cleaned out with all the brakes bled
5) Gotten the clutch fluid changed and bled
6) Gotten the seat locks installed
7) Gotten all upper control arm and coilover bolts torque-checked
8) Gotten all sub-frame bolts torque-checked

The PCV valve and grommet were already changed out courtesy of Scandinavianflick, whom also generously provided me with extra brake pads and other assorted parts in addition to selling me his car at an unbelievably generous price considering its excellent mechanical condition, so, major major major and to you, good sir.

BTW: I thought I saw a thread around here entitled: "What did you do to your S today?" I might've been hallucinating, probably, but if I wasn't, could someone tell me where it is on the forum? I've tried searching but I've come up empty-handed. I figured it would be better to post all this stuff there, but as I could not find it....
Old 01-05-2014, 02:33 PM

I shipped my car from Miami to California with a company in Florida, All Day Auto Transport. I've shipped my s2000 3 other times before and I always found it to be a very stressful thing to do, the drivers were always late, sometimes the price changed but I chose these guys because they had pretty good reviews online and their own enclosed haulers with the lift gate. Make sure you ask for this because if your car is too low to the ground and they don't have the proper equipment they can scratch your car if they load it with a standard ramp. You can get a quote from this company here http://alldayautotransport.com/quote/ship-car-cost-htm/