S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

So, I'm takin a test drive at 2pm today...

Old 08-31-2003, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not passing judgement on Bugatti or the salesman. I'm passing judgement on Mr. Chambers who's useless posts sparked a four page arguement that was beneficial to no one at all. I'd have to disagree that "A healthy supply of idiots is vital to the survival of all message boards."
Old 09-01-2003, 12:25 AM

You know what guys? I really havent read all these posts cuz they were too long and prett much they say the same thing so i am sorry if i say the same thig as others do.

I am a car salesman my self and i will call a person who doesnt ask for the sale at least a couple of times a weak salesperson. Those are the nice type that you meet in the dealerships who will test drive you in 20 different cars and will give you their best price without even cheking your credit actually act like the order takers in a restaurant. They dont last very much thats why they are never there when u go back. They are generally fired before tey actually had a chance to sell u a car.
I have been in the businnes for a bout 2 years and i have no problems to ask someone the necessary questions to make the sale. When u go to baja fresh do u get offedned when they ask u what kind of buritto do u want? What would happen if you would ask a realitor to show u 10 houses but actually u are just trying to fill out your empty day off? Anyway finally i ask for the sale i ask for them to sit I ask for the number ( so i can call back and remind them that i am their salesman cuz there are a lot of people out there who doesnt respect the salespersons commisson issue and they get a new one everytime they check out the car). I think its a 2 way street if you are goin to a dealership belive me we know u are not here to look for a fridge. Either u are in the market to get a car where you should be ok with me telling you what this car can do and what cant or why its so expensive. I f the salesperson is bothering you that means u hjave no intentions of buying a car u are there to have some fun cuz there are no good movies playing.
Old 09-01-2003, 03:49 AM

I am not in sales, I don't earn 6-7 figure salary, and I don't have my own business. So really, I wouldn't comment on what sales practices are more effective and how this may affect share prices on nikkei or hangseng. What goes on at car dealerships is hardly an ideal topic worthy of a thesis on corporate governance.

Try to remember this though. Just because GChambers won't do what YOU people as customers want, doesn't make him a bad or a stubborn person. Some of you guys simply want too much.

Whowever said he was pouring $1.7 million of his personal funds into a new business venture (and without any help or a loan he adds), how is this supposed "not showing off" supposed to help the discussion? Because that, to some people means you are particularly likely to involve yourself in questionable tax avoidance schemes or that you are not particularly smart enterpreneur.
(Well done though - you are only 21, I am sure you can have a lot more if you got some help!)

I agree with Dakkon - we just don't know sh*t. bugatti didn't tell us enough, and we will never know what went on inside that salesman's head.

Anyway, bugatti - that was a nice write-up. Remember to post some pics of your car in the future whatever you decide to buy.
Old 09-01-2003, 05:59 AM
Community Organizer

I am not even going to read to the end of this thread, but I have to say... SHUT THE HELL UP! I have personally walked into a dealership before and done the exact same thing. I went to my local Acura dealer and said, "Hi there... You have a used S2000 on your lot out there and I would like to go for a test drive. I am getting ready to place an order for a brand new one, but obviously the only way to test drive one to be sure I want it is to take one out that I can actually drive and see what it feels like." The guy said, "Sure, let's go for a spin!" and we took off. Not only did the guy take it out on the highway, but he pulled off on this hillcountry backroad and parked the car and said, "Here, go ahead" on a fun twisty backroad that makes a 20-minute circuit before getting back to the highway again. Needless to say, the salesman thanked ME for the test drive when I got back to the dealership and I ended up ordering my BRAND NEW '02 S2000 from a Honda dealership.

So, even though I was not interested in buying from this dealership, if the salesman was busy, he could have just said NO and I would have asked another salesman or gone somewhere else. But the bottom line was, I needed/wanted reconfirmation that this was the car I absolutely wanted before I write a check for $37,xxx (including taxes, title, license, and extended warranty).
Old 09-02-2003, 06:27 PM

Wow oh wow. Bugatti, good job, I wish I had encountered the same type of salesperson on my purchase.

Now for Blue bitch and Chambers, just WTF makes you think a saleperson is some kind of a great job everyone aspires to be? You are the ignorant ones. I will go out on a limb and estimate 95% of the population think you are skum. No more useful than a telemarketer. And you have both backed it up with your comments on how the guy was a bad salesman wrecking the reputation of real genuine sale professionals.

Check the responses here and instead of thinking of dollars in your pockets for once, use your brain, see beyond yourself and take a count of how many people have agreed with you on your comments.

Not too many huh?