S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Speedcraft Turbo kit

Old 09-26-2001, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speedcraft Turbo kit

Yay. First 5 prepaid kits, $6200, list, $6500. Parts have been ordered and I'm following in the footsteps of derryck. Should have it installed in a couple weeks, pending arrival of parts. Here's a quick breakdown of what's included (I'm not speaking on their behalf, but I thought some of you might be interested), as well as some links that I dug up personally.

- Turbonetics 60-1 hifi ball bearing turbo.

- Tial Blow off valve.

- Tial Wastegate.

- FMU

- Spearco FMI (There's no specific picture, but I liked the pic of that supra.. so deal with it.

- Missing link check valve

- Holley intank fuel pump.

- *Timing control unit* (still under development)

- Oil filter relocation kit

- Oil supply & return lines

- Speedcraft's Turbo manifold

- Speedcraft's 3" downpipes

- Speedcraft's intercooler piping

- Heat shielding

- K & N filters (Anyone want a mingster JR filter, slightly used, cheap? )

- Couplings, clamps, all other miscellaneous hardware.

Now, to pick out some gauges. I kinda liked the in-dash gauge setup (pic), but I'd probably go with apexi black and mount them a bit closer to the drivers side. As far as boost controllers, I have no idea. Anyone have suggestions?

Question about the downpipes - those are the things that connect the exhaust manifold to the exhaust, right? Am I gonna need a better breathing exhaust for my baby too? I haven't seen that much positive feedback (aside from the better sounding) on the performance of the exhausts out there, even the mugen. Anyone have suggestions here?

Obviously, I'll take many many pics when I get my car back. I'm very excited, I've been watching random turbo vids at taner.net all day. Personally, these are my favorite. I think it's a lexus with a supra motor? 765 WHP I believe. Very entertaining.

http://www.taner.net/VIDS/
Old 09-26-2001, 12:52 PM

Chris,
It will definitely help to have a full 3" exhaust, otherwise, the exhaust will bootleneck between the downpipe and the rest of your exhaust. It will probably cost you about 15-20 RWHP (just a guess). As for a boost controller, I went with the Profec B (mounted in dash right under my gauges). It's very easy to use and I've been using the Greddy Profec's for a while now and have yet to have any issues with them.
Old 09-26-2001, 01:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ChrisD, sounds very exciting.
We need to get together very soon.
Totally forgot that you live in the same town.
My supercharger and your new upcoming turbo would be very interesting comparison in person. But we all know the outcome, you will probably leave my car in the dust.

Let's get together soon....
Old 09-26-2001, 01:18 PM

What states is this Turbo setup street legal in?
Old 09-26-2001, 01:58 PM

Have you gotten an estimate for install costs and difficulty?

Thanks!
Old 09-26-2001, 02:02 PM

FMI = front mounted intercooler.

And randy, yeah, we definitely should get together, but it won't be any time soon. I'm on a client down in Tampa, FL (incidentally which prompted me to get the kit here, I can have speedcraft install it as well). Maybe we can get someone to do a video of NAS2K vs SCS2K vs TCS2K and make wes happy finally. And I will definitely be getting a dyno printout scanned in for you guys. I'm still two weeks away though so it'll be a while. I'm having a hard time being patient though.

derryck: what kind of exhaust did you go with? You are running a pretty constant 6psi, right? You ever nudge it up a bit more? 10psi for a few seconds of fun?

cd
Old 09-26-2001, 02:08 PM

w/ bov it will not be street legal.
Old 09-26-2001, 02:38 PM

this is my ignorance talking (not totally, though, since I have the SC), but don't you need to do something about the ECU seeing boost?

Is it assumed that if you get a turbo, you also get an aftermarket ECU?
Old 09-26-2001, 02:41 PM

blow off valves are illegal? where can I find more info on this?

cd
Old 09-26-2001, 03:04 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok first of all the kit is not carb approved so basically it is not emissions legal in any state. Second I hope he was kidding about the BOV being the item that made it illegal since BOV have been standard equipment on cars before.

I can pretty much guarantee you that they are not going to go through the carb testing either.

Quick Reply: Speedcraft Turbo kit