S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

trading in my 12sec. SRT4 for an S2000!

Old 02-04-2005, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im going to say he sounds like a troll, But Just cause prices drop there no need for a " Teens can get it " red flag....Im 19 and just bought mine....However Ive been autoX for a few years and plan to use the S for the next few seasons rather than my other car, so ican learn its limits as well as perhaps a few days at limerock or pocono.... the top of my modlist are a Rollbar, and new brakes...... Not all Teens are bad and no mommy and daddy didnt pay for mine either ;-)
Old 02-04-2005, 12:49 PM

^ You're absolutely right - "not all teens are bad". However, you're a lot better spoken than S2000rican.

You can tell a lot by his post.
Old 02-04-2005, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by PapiChulo' date='Feb 4 2005, 03:38 PM
Im going to say he sounds like a troll, But Just cause prices drop there no need for a " Teens can get it " red flag....Im 19 and just bought mine....However Ive been autoX for a few years and plan to use the S for the next few seasons rather than my other car, so ican learn its limits as well as perhaps a few days at limerock or pocono.... the top of my modlist are a Rollbar, and new brakes...... Not all Teens are bad and no mommy and daddy didnt pay for mine either ;-)
You sound like an intelligent teen.

We usually rank on people who drip with adolescence... overconfidence... cockiness... the whole bundle... more that then just the mere age.

A real driver would do what you are doing... autoX and safety upgrades rather than "bustin out with the blower" before they even have set foot in the car... the first red flag that this other "kid" is heading for trouble.

This is a clipped text definition of adolescence... which this guy fits to a T:

Adolescents typically demonstrate behaviors consistent with several "myths of adolescence":

The first is that they are "on stage" with the attention of others constantly centered upon their appearance or actions. This preoccupation stems from the fact that adolescents spend so much time thinking and looking at themselves, it is only natural to assume that everyone else is also thinking and looking at them as well. In reality, this doesn't occur because "everyone else" (usually peers) are too preoccupied with themselves and their own issues to be overly concerned with those of others. This normal self-centeredness may appear (especially to adults) to border on paranoia, narcissism, or even hysteria.
Another "myth of adolescence" is that of the "indestructible self." This belief feeds into ideation of "it will never happen to me, only the other person." In this sense, "it" may represent becoming pregnant or incurring a sexually transmitted disease after having unprotected intercourse; causing an auto accident while driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs; developing oral cancer as a result of chewing tobacco; or any of the numerous adverse effects of a wide range of risk-taking behaviors.
SAFETY

Adolescent safety issues stem from increased strength and agility that may develop before optimal decision-making skills develop. A strong need for peer approval, coupled with the "myths of adolescence," may initiate youths attempting hazardous feats and participating in a variety of risk-taking behaviors.

Appropriate motor vehicle safety needs to be emphasized, focusing upon the roles of driver, passenger, and pedestrian; the influence of substance abuse; and the importance of using seat belts. Privileges associated with cars and recreational motor vehicles should depend upon the adolescent's ability to demonstrate an adequate knowledge base and safe use of such vehicles.
Old 02-04-2005, 04:23 PM

all true ...such a waste of a beautiful machine. (if he does get in one).

I think im going to go with the Elda bar...but thats cause its the only one SCCA approved haha. and In the way of jacking his thread i know theres some added weight thats going to take a small edge off the S2k in stock class....any other suspension mod make a significant amount of change ? like does a rear sway vs a front strut do more for handling ?
Old 02-04-2005, 04:42 PM

Check out the racing and competition forum!

Here's just one of the links to autoX setup:
Linky!
Old 02-04-2005, 04:52 PM

Hey I'm trading in my 12 Second IS300 for a 10 second STI next week.
I'll see you all on the roads REAL SOON!!!
Wait....my bad....wrong forum!!
Old 02-04-2005, 06:20 PM

good luck with your s2k rican.
Old 02-04-2005, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by S2000rican' date='Feb 4 2005, 09:07 AM
Wuz up everyone, im about to join all u S2000 owners, im gonna trade in my 12 sec. SRT4 for an S2000, found an 01 wit like 30k miles for 18000, i checked the value of my neon and its only 14000, now that blows, i aint gonna wait for it to get any lower so bye bye SRT4, now u guys got any pointers for a new S2000 owner, what mods should i get first, i plan on boostin wit it, man i cant wait to get my hands on it, ill see u all on the road real soon
Yo, $$$, Boost up yo Hondah S2!!!!! Drive it a 1/4 mile at a time, Dawg!!!!!