S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

UPDATE about European Service Bulletin

Old 09-10-2002, 06:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by dlq04
Check out this thread (for those of you who just can't wait to put in the revised bolts).

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...2265#post992265
Are you inferring that people should wait?

That's probably ill advice everywhere, but is especially grave in countries where Honda issued the recall. If you refuse the improvement campaign, Honda may have grounds to deny warranty coverage.
Old 09-10-2002, 06:49 AM

Received 5,236 Likes on 3,133 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Luis
[B]

Are you inferring that people should wait?
Old 09-10-2002, 06:56 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dlq04
[B]

No, at least not in countries with the recall.
Old 09-10-2002, 07:09 AM

Originally posted by dlq04

I expected some flames for my position and got 'em.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by txst
[B]

... and I got the flames as well.
Old 09-10-2002, 08:12 AM

Originally posted by Luis

Seriously, S2000s are coming off the assembly line with the new bolts... Think about it.
Not to get things started again, but this doesn't mean anything for us here in the US. Manufacturers do all sorts of things in product designs for standardization. I know - I have been part of those decisions for years. In corporate accounting, there is a term called ABC - Activity Based Costing. This basically penalizes (in terms of determining internal costs of processes and products) a design that has many different parts. It may be cheaper for Honda to use the same bolts in all engines rather than 2 different sets. Again, this is just pure speculation.

You could also speculate that the new bolts don't prevent engine damage based on this thread: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...2265#post992265, but that would be ridiculous.

As I have said before, no one has presented me with any facts that convince me that I need these new bolts in my engine, or that damage to a US customers engine could have been prevented with the new bolts.
Old 09-10-2002, 08:13 AM

For those in the USA, looking at this update thread vapors2k seems to say that the part # for the new banjo bolts is not yet available here, even if you want to order them and install them yourself. I think USA owners got the short-end of the stick in this case. Is there a newer "update to the update" thread that says if the part # and the parts are available in the USA?
Old 09-10-2002, 12:00 PM

update to the update has been posted....check out the updated thread.
Old 11-27-2002, 02:12 PM

Originally posted by Woodwork

Fact:
The banjo bolt update (not a recall) in Europe is not for #4 cyl scoring. It is for something else that I am not at liberty to discuss right now.

Woodwork [/B]
Apologies, but I have to make a correction here: The banjo bolt is not just an 'update' in the UK - This is an 'official Honda recall'. I've just had the work done on the bolts and had the plugs changed, after receiving notification about it from my Honda dealer.

Cheers...
Stu
Old 11-27-2002, 02:34 PM

Originally posted by cerberus264

Apologies, but I have to make a correction here: The banjo bolt is not just an 'update' in the UK - This is an 'official Honda recall'. I've just had the work done on the bolts and had the plugs changed, after receiving notification about it from my Honda dealer.

Cheers...
Stu
Well, what the hell is AHM try to hide here. If it is so bad that they have to change it to RECALL CAMPAIGN in Europe, there should be some explanation as to why it is that we don't need it here. AHM trying to screw us over.
Old 11-27-2002, 03:22 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

It certainly does seem like we've been patient here for a while. I was hoping we'd hear something about this from AHM this year, but it's not looking very promising, is it? I wonder if someone will eventually give us the details about the fix. I tired of speculating about this months ago.

Quick Reply: UPDATE about European Service Bulletin