S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Update with the dishonesty of hardtopguy

Old 06-21-2004, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by MyBad
CALL Jeff! Don't hide behind the internet to get vingence.
If you had bothered to read his initial post you would see that he claims Jeff won't return his calls. To me that mean he HAS been trying to call him.
Old 06-21-2004, 05:14 PM

I'm not going to flame anyone here, but I do want to vouch for "Hardtopguy" if I can. I've made 2, relatively small, purchases from Jeff. Each time I had general newbie questions, and he took the time to answer them (unlike the goofballs at the dealership from which I bought my car). Anyway, I received the items in 3-4 days each time, no hassle, no problem.

Hopefully this is just a misunderstanding and is resolved quickly. Good luck with getting your parts.
Old 06-21-2004, 05:27 PM
WPS

waiting for jeff to chime in with his story...

yes this would make me think twice
Old 06-21-2004, 05:44 PM

A) I've ordered items from Canada that took 8+ weeks to arrive after they were shipped - there are major delays.
B) There is a long stretch between not returning phone calls and being dishonest.

I've dealt with Jeff twice now. The first time I drove out to Ohio (from NY) to purchase a hard top. I was concerned about making it to the dealership during normal service hours - Jeff said "No problem". Jeff had me come to his house to install my top. I've heard several similar stories about his "above and beyond" approach to servicing the S2K community.
I'm sorry you haven't received your parts, but I think a little more patience is in order before calling someone dishonest.
Old 06-21-2004, 05:51 PM

all-trick'd-out, I just read through your previous thread that you posted, and I have to say that you are being more than fair in your postings.

I really dont understand why all you guys feel the need to flame him. This is one guy with an experience to tell.

Im sitting on the fence here (for now), but if Jeff and his brother SanMarinoCpe are such stand up guys, why haven't they posted in either this or the previous thread. Its all very well everyone else standing up for them but I'd like to see them stand up for themselves.

I really want to urge people to wait for the other side of the story before they start giving opinions. It has become all too common on this site lately that as soon as someone has a bad word to say against a sponsor (rightly or wrongly) they are flamed and shut down immediately. Nobody is perfect, and it is possible that these "complaints" are genuine.

Give the guy a break. Lets hear the other side of the story.
Old 06-21-2004, 05:59 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Very well said S2000GT. I agree 100%.

The two major questions to be answered here are:

1) Why haven't either of them responded to this or the previous thread?

2) Why can't a simple return phone call be made let alone an email?
Old 06-21-2004, 06:06 PM

Jeff was awesome to deal with, and I bought a lot of interior parts off of him. He definately went out of his way to get stuff to me.
Old 06-21-2004, 06:49 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Return calls? Listen, regardless of trick'd's experience thus far...I can say that on at least 3 previous instances, I've called Ganley Honda and requested to speak with Jeff. In each of those cases I have been patched to Jeff directly. No v-mail. No waiting. No non-returned calls, for sure. And Jeff has always, a-l-w-a-y-s, seen to mine and my Mid-Atlantic community's needs.

Now...that said...my experience need not translate to mean that trick'd is mis-stating any truths in his own experience. However, I know how valuable reputation can be on our boards. And I believe Jeff's is a reputation that should not be so marred.

- Dave
Old 06-21-2004, 06:49 PM

this reminds me of that one thread while back when one or two members were not happy with Rick, but it was some misunderstanding that got worked out later.

all-trick'd-out sounds pretty upset, so I won't jump to any conclusions of what happened or better yet what didn't. Trying to warn everyone I guess is he's right, but totally uncalled for against Hardtopguy.

Most of the people that worked with hardtopguy/Jeff had a good working relationship, but I guess few did not. One of my orders got delayed couple of times because of miscommunications, but later it all got worked out. Rest were all on time.

Hardtopguy does make deliveries and free installs, like the awesome deals on the hardtops. They also give you great discount and service and are just great guys to hangout with if you are lucky enough to hang out with them.

Just hope this gets cleared up fast.
Old 06-21-2004, 07:19 PM
Former Moderator

I'm sure this will all be worked out. They are 2 hours away from me but I'll always make the drive to deal with Jeff and Joe at Ganley.

Quick Reply: Update with the dishonesty of hardtopguy