S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Want an S2000 with stability control? Wait a few years...

Old 09-03-2003, 04:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by enlightenment
[B]I can think of two reasons off the top of my head as to why bikers get hit:

1) they are small objects and hard to see, but their lights do help.

2) they often ride in people's blind spots.

Bikers are a good example of DRL's.
Old 09-03-2003, 04:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by PedalFaster
lanbrown, as has been the case on other threads, you're willfully or otherwise misunderstanding what I and other people have been saying; I'm not going to bother trying to explain further.

KeithD, while I'm impressed with your magic eyes which apparently do not need light in order to see, I submit that those of use without magic eyes would still benefit from having lights.

Steve
It is called a difference of opinion. DRL's would help in some situations, but having all of the lights on is even better. Like when it is pouring down rain and people have their wipers on high and no lights. Would DRL's make them more visible, yes. Do you know what would make the MORE visible, having all their lights on. Thus having more fontal light for them to see, more light for others to see and most importantly, rear lights on for the people behind them to see. I see people at night driving around with nothing more then their DRL's on. Apparently they provide just enough light for them to see and they think nothing of it. Their low beams would provide more light, thus making it safer. So in that case, DRL's are more dangerous.
Old 09-03-2003, 05:52 AM

Received 1,057 Likes on 540 Posts

i just caught autoweek reviewing the new gt 350 porsche....guess what the only electronic driving assist is the no lock brakes....porsche declined to put elelctronic suspension and handling into it..
..I guess they feel the way i do...and the way honda felt too........just proves how purebred sports car the s2k is....

oh yea....

fltsfshr