S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Will Resell Value of my S Drop?

Old 03-18-2019, 09:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn
A bad or half assed paint job will hurt the resale value so regardless of color don't change the color unless you can at least do spots like the door jams inner trunk etc. Suzuka blue is a common enough color I would have just sold the current car and found one in that color but it is already being worked on so probably not really a choice. I would maybe do whatever the OEM color is and the wrap it to whatever color you want. That way you can take the wrap off when it is time to sell it and it won't have mis matched areas that buyers won't like.
Originally Posted by ragtophardtop
Custom colors essentially reduce your buyer pool and extend your sale time, as you can see. Even a resprayed panel will do that for some people. You might be able to get your money back for the respray, but you're going to be waiting for another individual that wants an S2k in the same year, condition, mods, etc. I'd count on an otherwise hot car in custom color, if you need to sell within a month, selling for 25% under market if it's a $25k value, if it's value is $15k maybe 15% under, and if it was $10k or less you won't notice much but you're not getting your money back from a respray.

Manga_Spawn is right, get a wrap if you're going to sell the car. You can do the touch up yourself with Dr. Colorchip for an even paint surface before the wrap is applied.
That's what I figured. I can always just remove the wrap if I do end up selling it the car. But I don't see that happening any time soon. I'll just have to choose a wrap that doesn't look so plastic looking.

Another route is clear bra the front end but that cost is an arm and a leg. I have an OEM front end to swap when I track to keep the paint nice too.
Old 03-19-2019, 05:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paint is so important to many buyers, unless it was a stunning paint job that matches OEM finish, it would be a detractor.