S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Block, crank, bearing codes???

Old 02-23-2017, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Block, crank, bearing codes???

First let me say I am aware of all these codes and how to reference all of them. My issue is this....my crank has been turned and polished so this numbers are wrong, I have aftermarket rods, and my crank bores codes on the block have been shaved off before I bought it to clear a custom exhaust. My engine is at the machine shop now and is completely blueprinted. I want to use OEM bearing but can't find any references for color to thickness. I need to know any of the following things to crack this code.
1. Bearing color to thickness chart for F series motors
2. Chart to reference block crank bore letters to actual size
3. Chart to reference crank numbers to actual size.

Attached is is a chart that keeps coming up for Honda bearings however I believe it's for B series engines. I know that ACL STD bearing measure in at .0986 which is suppose to correlate to Honda green bearings. These bearings on the chart are way off.
PLEASE ANYONE WITH ANY INFO OR ADVICE HELP!!!!!

Old 02-23-2017, 05:50 PM

Received 405 Likes on 339 Posts

https://www.hondapartsnow.com/parts-...rankshaft.html

According to this, the bearings are manufactured by Daido. When I search the first letters of the P/N 13321-PCX-003(Blue Main Bearing), I get the same color bearing for all Hondas, for example 13321-PNA-003 has the same first digits 13321, and are also blue main bearings. However if you say that you have custom rods, and the crank has been turned, I wouldn't even bother. I'd get whatever bearings put you at stock clearance. The codes are made for OEM parts.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:53 PM

The chart is wrong for F engines. And it never gives line bore size. The line bore is right at 60.000 mm. THIS IS IMPORTANT AS IT IS NOT LISTED IN ANY OEM BOOK OR ALLDATA.
I got 2.3625 for C
2.3628 for D.
Both are almost exactly 60.000 mm
The rod bearing size might be right but the main bearings are wrong.
I got .0985 for the brown bearings
.0988 for the black.
you x2 on each bearing size and subtract it from the mains line bore size and I'm at .0007 and .001 for oil clearance.
both are in spec.
we need to measure all bearings and post. I use a mic with round anvil for cking bearings. Regular straight head mics won't be right.
I just wanted to know this so I can use measurements for maybe ACL or KING. They are better material but size is key. I've read a lot of books etc. Build many engines of all kinds.
Old school steel or cast iron engines can have closer to .003 clearance and is actually desirable. But we are dealing aluminium with a forged steel insert in the caps. Aluminum can expand almost .002 in Ford Modular aluminum engines at operating temperature. That's why we have piston slap after building a forged piston engine. They expand so much after warmed up but when cold we have .003 to .005 or so depending on how large a piston, block material, piston material and piston manufacturers spec. Like is said. Better for a little loose than too tight.

I could turn this engine with one hand just on the front of the crank very easily with pistons still in it. That was a first. That gave me great respect for the cylinder liners. I hate to do away with the fmr cylinder but with turbo and good power not much of a choice. Plus I can't find anyone that can work with the fmr boring and honing process. I've thought about doing it myself or trying but it sounds like everyone is having desasters later.
I've found Alamo Motorsports here in Dallas tx that knows these well. I'm in Tyler Tx just down the road. Endyn stopped building engines. Only cylinder heads now.
Thank you for all the help
Old 02-12-2019, 01:02 PM

On the above.
after multiplying the the bearings x2 then subtract it from the line bore size. You take that number and subtract each main journal size from the above number and you get your oil clearance.