S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

TCT REVIEW-Why I Choose and Support Billman's Product

Old 09-06-2014, 08:18 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats, you can read.

Want a cookie?

No offense: Obviously.
Old 09-06-2014, 08:20 AM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Only if it's a brown cookie.

You should have plenty.

Old 09-06-2014, 08:22 AM

Just what I expected.
Don't answer the questions.
OMG.. NO!!
Don't answer the questions.
And DO NOT post any photo's.

Old 09-06-2014, 09:21 AM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

been around the block a few times, Bill's legit. Chances are, he's rippin it up at the track right now. I've read enough things in prior searches to know that you just dont like bill. Thats cool.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SpitfireS
Only if it's a brown cookie.

You should have plenty.
Old 09-06-2014, 02:35 PM

Received 1,572 Likes on 936 Posts

The term "Tempest in a Teapot" comes to mind.

Old 09-07-2014, 12:24 AM

This one?

Btw.. rippin' it up at the track = being legit?
That's all it takes to get
Is that the same as saying: "I drive the car Hard.. y'now"?

As far as I can see, re-reading my first post in this thread: I was playing the ball.
Still am.

Old 09-07-2014, 04:59 AM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

enough with the ish, it means people have lives and cant comment on nonsense on the internet.
Old 09-07-2014, 05:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep it civil guys, As far as I can tell both Billman & Jordan have contributed hands on technical service to the community here in the north east. As far as the capt. I've only seen words posted with lots of sarcasim. perhaps he is of value to S2000 owners in the Netherlands. But no one has posted up any reviews of his service or work.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@Spitfire I'm not going to quote any of your ridiculous posts. I think on occasion you do contribute some good information to this community, and you are reasonably educated. But you're losing with with bulls*** comments.

If you were in any almost ANY engineering field, you would know what we're up against here. You have Honda making a really great car for a target market. They can, and are required to for a lot of components, engineer the crap out of their vehicles to protect its consumers from dangerous premature failures, and also to maintain its upstanding reputation. When it comes to discoveries of poor components over the years by the manufacturer or the community, often they are recognized by the manufacturer and recalled. Sometimes they are NOT.

Now I want you to think about the transition of the consumer market to the Honda reliability, maintenance, safety, etc. engineering department when it comes to ANY recall. It's QUITE a challenge for these manufacturers because of the idiocy of their local dealership technician staff. It's pretty well known that the "master technician" position is widely held by completely incompetent and complacent employees. Not to knock them or their profession, there are also several notable good ones. It just is what it is. Think about the transition of that department to Honda engineering.
Frightening in my opinion.

Then we have people such as Billman250 and Jordanskartel. Not only do these two members have MANY, MANY motors driving around that are generally significantly healthier than their dealership counterparts, these are guys that enjoy learning, pursuing excellence, and are morally and ethically sound when it comes to vehicle maintenance and repairs. They have a tremendous amount of experience over any Honda technician, master or otherwise. And above that, they are true problem solvers, and are genuinely interested in identifying root cause for short-run and long-run issues.

THEY DO NOT HAVE MILLIONS OF DOLLARS to run expensive R&D to have data and specs sheets showing how their improved solutions (over OEM or other aftermarket manufacturers) statistically improve the premature failure rate trend. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO PAYBACK in pursuing any component in this vehicle for them in doing that; and I'm pretty sure there never will be. They build their data off of many cars that they've personally worked on and distribute that information for face value; just as Jordan did in post #1, and I thank him for that.
The following users liked this post:
seajay2525 (03-17-2018)

Quick Reply: TCT REVIEW-Why I Choose and Support Billman's Product