S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

TCT REVIEW-Why I Choose and Support Billman's Product

Old 09-07-2014, 12:43 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Most of you have - obviously - missed my post(s) WITH PICTURES, and as far as I'm concerned, DETAILED technical descriptions of how I think the OEM TCT works, why it may fail and what I did to fix mine.
Not just words.
Do I really need to add links to those posts?.
The TCT debate has been going on for a while.
If there is a thread with just words its this one.
And when ppl get called out for it... then what?
You start to attack the one that asks the question.
So.. show me (us, s2ki) the pictures showing the difference between the Billman TCT and the OEM unit.
So.. show me (us, s2ki) the detailed descriptions of what changes Billman made over the years and.. more important, WHY.
They do not exist.
Unfortunately.
Because then we could actually talk about something usefull.
The fact, yes, its a fact that the pictures and descriptions do not exist, does not mean the product does not work.
If you read my post carefully you'll see I have never said anything like that.

@ jkelley... bla bla, yada, yada, yada, bla bla bla.. ok?

Old 09-07-2014, 03:25 PM

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

I am just kinda confused what stake in all this you have? You don't make/sell your fix, it is free via the thread you provided. I have never personally heard Billman say he thought your DIY was necessarily incorrect, but the only thing I gather is since he came out with a "better" version you sorta feel that way.

In any case a good chunk of the community still sandblast their TCT, some choose OEM replacements, others choose aftermarket replacements, and others like myself choose Billman's. No big deal, everyone is entitled to their choice. With regards to why I made my choice was two fold, one I have never heard of a single issue from Billman's, two and my main reason, was the service he provides forme and the community. It really seems like aside from working as a mechanic he devotes part of his day to answering questions on the forum, which has been invaluable for me and others.
So even if I spent a little extra $ that I didn't need to, I kinda look at it as a worthwhile donation for the service he provides to the community.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:07 PM

Received 1,572 Likes on 936 Posts

Agreed. I am currently waiting for my TCT from Billman to arrive. I selected the natural silver finish to blend with my stock car.

In addition to the "never heard of a single issue" are the design features Billman outlines on his signature. An individual with that kind of singular devotion to the S, combined with his mechanical knowledge and breadth of real world experience, leaves me with the conviction his improved TCT cannot be beat.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SpitfireS
Most of you have - obviously - missed my post(s) WITH PICTURES, and as far as I'm concerned, DETAILED technical descriptions of how I think the OEM TCT works, why it may fail and what I did to fix mine.
Not just words.
Do I really need to add links to those posts?.
The TCT debate has been going on for a while.
If there is a thread with just words its this one.
And when ppl get called out for it... then what?
You start to attack the one that asks the question.
So.. show me (us, s2ki) the pictures showing the difference between the Billman TCT and the OEM unit.
So.. show me (us, s2ki) the detailed descriptions of what changes Billman made over the years and.. more important, WHY.
They do not exist.
Unfortunately.
Because then we could actually talk about something usefull.
The fact, yes, its a fact that the pictures and descriptions do not exist, does not mean the product does not work.
If you read my post carefully you'll see I have never said anything like that.

@ jkelley... bla bla, yada, yada, yada, bla bla bla.. ok?
Congrats. You fixed one TCT. You posted a description of (and I quote) "how you think the OEM TCT works," posted some pics, and "why it may fail and what you did to fix yours."

Do you see my point?
Old 09-08-2014, 08:15 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmomiller

Agreed. I am currently waiting for my TCT from Billman to arrive. I selected the natural silver finish to blend with my stock car.

In addition to the "never heard of a single issue" are the design features Billman outlines on his site/store/signature. An individual with that kind of singular devotion to the S, combined with his mechanical knowledge and breadth of real world experience, leaves me with the conviction his improved TCT cannot be beat.
im not sure i've seen this "Store" you are speaking of, care to link?

Ballade got my business due to good reviews, no wait, ease of ordering and not having to send/prepay for a core. If billman could rectify those last 2 things i'm sure he'd have much more business.

I believe this is the first bad thing i've seen/read about a ballade tct (if it is in fact that), And I will be happy to say im a fool if mine fails.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can we have some real answer here stop the bullshit
Got a inline-pro and bc2 and a dont want to blow my engine because of a tct

And a still got the sound on startup cold engine for 1-2 seconde

So will the Billman tct stop the sound on startup ?

Anyway tink i open the inline one if the pin is like pictured brother will make a better one for free lol
Old 09-08-2014, 09:36 AM

Received 1,316 Likes on 797 Posts

The generation system TCT has allowed me to collect chain guide operating depths from hundreds of S2000s around the world. It has taken many years to do so. My findings have shown that chain guide depths vary greatly. I have also found that idle oil pressure varies as well, with the lowest idle pressure resulting in air in the TCT.

It is not a trial and error system, it is a measurement system. I designed it to find the optimal, quietest, and most important PROPER operating tension on the chain, without going past the maximum operating tension.

Spitfire, you do ask legitimate questions, and I will follow up with some pictures.

As to a request to follow the lead of Science of Speed, no thanks. I do not buy from one guy and sell to another. Every single TCT I modify is done by me exclusively with my own machines. Every single one is pressure tested and tuned for application.

You wont see a jordanksartell S2000 engine rebuild thread explaining all his particulars, because after working on cars long before most even sat in one, you learn things that truly become your own, and you let your work go out and speak for itself. The amount of threads I've seen about "built motors" that didn't last a month is pathetic. These are big names, even Honda dealers. Everyone has the right to do business as they please, whether with flashing lights on billboards, or with their own two hands.

There is a LINE that cannot ever be crossed when tensioning any chain in any application whether it be a car or a bicycle. My TCT will never cross that line due to my OWN testing and years of research. Finding that line takes time, especially when engines vary so much.

My guarantee goes way beyond the TCT itself. I stand behind every single customers case with technical support, to keep their chain properly tensioned for life.

Yes my TCT will cure all TCT related noise, whether on startup or in warm operation.
The following users liked this post:
seajay2525 (03-17-2018)
Old 09-08-2014, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by AE_Racer
Ballade got my business due to good reviews, no wait, ease of ordering and not having to send/prepay for a core. If Billman could rectify those last 2 things i'm sure he'd have much more business.
The product, what goes into it, and what it achieves is the bottom line, and yes it will take more "work" than others to complete the process. Business is not about who sells the most stuff.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:05 AM

Please remember we are all on the same team here. We love our S2000. This forum has been pretty much drama free for its entire lifespan.

Whatever develops can be worked out, so I implore everyone lets keep it professional.
The following 2 users liked this post by Billman250:
ozpall (09-22-2021), RavynX (02-27-2017)
Old 09-08-2014, 10:22 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Billman250
Originally Posted by AE_Racer' timestamp='1410192959' post='23321187
Ballade got my business due to good reviews, no wait, ease of ordering and not having to send/prepay for a core. If billman could rectify those last 2 things i'm sure he'd have much more business.
The product, what goes into it, and what it achieves is the bottom line, and yes it will take more "work" than others to complete the process. Business is not about who sells the most stuff.
I wasn't trying to throw a punch at you. I know the value you add to the community and it is much appreciated. I'm sure everyone who has visited the under the hood section have learned something from you. I was just stating it's a bit more difficult than it should be to get your product. Off topic I guess, sorry.

To the OP, if this is a ballade tct please let me know so I can pull mine and look. How many miles were on this one? I have put about 6k on mine in just a few months..

Quick Reply: TCT REVIEW-Why I Choose and Support Billman's Product