S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Bad cars we love, good cars we hate.

Old 05-05-2014, 04:03 PM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts
Default Bad cars we love, good cars we hate.

Bad cars we love, good cars we hate.

Do you agree?

http://t.autos.msn.com/research/buyi...cars-we-hate-1
Old 05-05-2014, 05:15 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

I don't see the story.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:29 PM

Received 1,423 Likes on 772 Posts

Originally Posted by Legal Bill
I don't see the story.
Me, neither.

Old 05-05-2014, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OP could have been using a mobile phone when he grabbed the web address for the article. Here's a link via non-mobile internet:

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/bad-c...d-cars-we-hate

BTW, as I tend to like or dislike a car based on bang-for-the-buck meeting goals, and don't give much credence to the shallow whims of the 'we', I thought the article a) near worthless fluff, and b) for the most part didn't reflect my views.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:40 PM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Originally Posted by wdtd
OP could have been using a mobile phone when he grabbed the web address for the article. Here's a link via non-mobile internet:

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/bad-c...d-cars-we-hate

BTW, as I tend to like or dislike a car based on bang-for-the-buck meeting goals, and don't give much credence to the shallow whims of the 'we', I thought the article a) near worthless fluff, and b) for the most part didn't reflect my views.
Thanks for posting a working link. I didn't post it from a mobile device, I don't understand why my post didn't work. When I tried it, it worked. I don't know what happened.

Of course the article is fluff. Many of the features on MSN.com are, but they're fun to look at and think about. Like you, I usually disagree with an awful lot of the content, but still, for what it's worth, they're interesting.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:13 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Thanks for the link. I agreed with some and disagreed with others.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ralper
Originally Posted by wdtd' timestamp='1399340002' post='23145801

http://editorial.aut...od-cars-we-hate
Thanks for posting a working link. I didn't post it from a mobile device, I don't understand why my post didn't work. When I tried it, it worked. I don't know what happened.
Maybe msn.com first posts in a temporary location, then moves an article? I noted the first letter in the link OP used was a 't'.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:27 PM

Received 3,818 Likes on 3,036 Posts

The Ferrari Mondial has made some of these lists and received a lot of criticism and I absolutely LOVED mine as did the previous owner and the current owner as well. Good cars we hate I may consider my Tacoma and previous Toyota 4x4 in this category as they are both very reliable but as I'm not a truck guy they are like an appliance to me.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:02 PM

Received 707 Likes on 479 Posts

Most British cars would fall into the Bad cars we love category. Their legendary unreliability still endears many who love them. I wanted an MGB so bad but couldn't afford one after I got out of the service. Then when I could along came kids and sedans. I just attended our annual British car show and there were some great vintage cars in attendance.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:40 AM

Received 5,016 Likes on 3,032 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KRAY
Most British cars would fall into the Bad cars we love category. Their legendary unreliability still endears many who love them. I wanted an MGB so bad but couldn't afford one after I got out of the service. Then when I could along came kids and sedans. I just attended our annual British car show and there were some great vintage cars in attendance.
I agree but... I don’t feel British cars are inherently unreliable, although some had bad designs that went on for years. The bottom line to me is they came from a different culture. It was one of where you could not neglect maintenance. Of course we all have know about Lucas electrical, SU carbs out of sync, and leaking shocks.

Quick Reply: Bad cars we love, good cars we hate.