S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Experiences with Honda service.

Old 09-07-2003, 03:16 PM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey, Arte...

Glad to hear you're getting good service down there in Florida. There have been some recent reports from folks down your way that are, shall we say, less than stellar. But, anyway, that's good news.

Just a quick note on the S2000, in case you're not aware... The recommended service interval is 3750 miles, not 4500. Not a big deal, really, but oil changes are recommended at 3750 mile intervals for extreme driving, or 7500 miles for sedate driving.

Best wishes.
Old 09-07-2003, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, here is my first post in the old far....err, I mean, Vintage Owners forum.

I bought my S from one of the largest Honda dealers in Virginia. The sales experience was great, after a couple of oil changes and a couple of service visits, I swore I would never go back again. They have a huge absolutely state of the art service department, too bad the employees do not match it....

To start with, no less than the service manager lied right through his teeth with me at a "get to know your service team" meeting. Then I had trouble with the spark plug "product update", their lead mechanic told me that it was "flat out impossible" for any spark plugs to come loose on the S2000. A week later, when I went in for the spark plug change, I had to print out and take a copy of the TSB becuase they said they could not find it on their computers....

I have almost had to fight to keep my tires from being rotated on a service visit, and I have an '02! And let me say this - I'm 46, and present myself in a friendly and courteous manner. I tried changing service teams, it made no difference.

Fortunately, I have found a local "mom and pop" place that are all car enthusiasts, and only work on Hondas and Nissans. I take my car there now, but I absolutely dread having to go back to the dealer for warranty work. And - my driver's side window stopped working for the second time now....
Old 09-07-2003, 05:29 PM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Luft

Welcome to Vintage.

I'm surprised to hear the troubles you've had. My sister in law lives in Virginia Beach, which I believe is near you, and has had great things to say about her Honda dealer. I suppose its a dealer to dealer thing as we are finding out in this thread.
Old 09-07-2003, 08:53 PM

You know, after reading some of the posts in the main forum, I can see why Honda and it's dealers might be skeptical about honoring the warranty in some cases. I am amazed at what some owners think they can do to this car and suffer no consequences. It's quite obvious lots of folks over there have never even cracked open the owner's manual.

This is my first Honda and I haven't had any service yet. So far the dealer has been better than most so I'm hoping. I also have a lead on a certified Honda mechanic that works from his home exclusively on Hondas and has many satisfied customers. I think that will probably be the way to go. I even have to be referred by somebody to get an appointment. Wow, it's like surgery.

My parents are long time Honda owners. Two dealers close to them, one was a stinker, the other they like and patronize. I think it's the luck of the draw.

By the way, I'm 51, have had my s2k for one week, and will become a member and official vintage person as soon as I get my act together. Just so you know I'm not crashing the party.

Gary
Old 09-08-2003, 02:11 AM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Originally posted by Smokee
By the way, I'm 51, have had my s2k for one week, and will become a member and official vintage person as soon as I get my act together. Just so you know I'm not crashing the party.

Gary
Smokee

Congrats and welcome to our commuity. Welcome to the "Vintage" forum.

When you're ready to sign up enter your stats in the Pic and Roster thread.
Old 09-08-2003, 06:32 AM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally posted by Luft46
OK, here is my first post in the old far....err, I mean, Vintage Owners forum.

Hey, Dan... where have ya been? I didn't know you were old enough to be here Even though I know some of the info, you have to post it on the Pics & Roster forum... or maybe you already have done so.

Btw, are you coming to FC 03... we'll have some special Vintage stuff there

Jerry
Old 09-08-2003, 02:01 PM

I'm not old enough to be here, I'm only 25 after all I have posted my info on the Pics & Roster thread also, just for you Jerry

ralper - the dealer I was talking about is in Virginia Beach. I am sure they do a great job if you take your Civic or Accord in there, but an S2000 - no way! Of course, I talked to a young lady who bought a new Odyssey, and they left her oil cap off during her first oil change and then tried to get out of admitting that they were at fault. Then, they offered her a complete cleaning of her van, top to bottom, but didn't vacuum anywhere inside!

During my 15000 service, I asked for Severe service, which was supposed to include the air filter beig changed, and the diff fluid being changed. Neither were done even though it was noted on the receipt....