S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Foods you love to cook and/or eat

Old 08-23-2023, 01:00 PM

Received 2,692 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Bread is so hard to resist. My new fave is Asiago cheese bread from the farmers market. Nummy…
The following users liked this post:
zeroptzero (08-23-2023)
Old 08-23-2023, 03:55 PM

Received 2,897 Likes on 1,681 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
We are planning to have wild caught Canadian sockeye salmon tonight. Our son had his wisdom teeth removed so he needs something soft to eat and he is sick of soup lol His ability to chew is getting better.
How's he doing now? I remember the wisdom teeth surgery. I was 25, about to get braces and the wisdom teeth, along with two others had to go to make sure the orthodontist could to his work.
I remember feeling lousy for a few days, at least. My granddaughter had hers removed my grandson is up next.

I'm still eating soft/softer foods making sure I'm chewing on my "good side". I'm ready for something crunchy! One more week. Don't want to take any chances of messing up the healing of the tooth socket.
Old 08-23-2023, 06:17 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
How's he doing now? I remember the wisdom teeth surgery. I was 25, about to get braces and the wisdom teeth, along with two others had to go to make sure the orthodontist could to his work.
I remember feeling lousy for a few days, at least. My granddaughter had hers removed my grandson is up next.

I'm still eating soft/softer foods making sure I'm chewing on my "good side". I'm ready for something crunchy! One more week. Don't want to take any chances of messing up the healing of the tooth socket.
Health wise and healing he is doing well, a bit slow going as one can expect, thank you for asking. But our son is the poster child for the term "Hangry" , he is miserable as he can't eat what he wants, he has been like that his entire life but ten times worse with the surgery now. lol.

Many years ago we bought a sign that reads " I'm sorry for what I said when I was hungry" it has been posted in our kitchen and specifically refers to our son, lol.

The sockeye salmon was good for him tonight, he loves salmon, a few more days and he can start eating harder food, it is about protecting the sockets for him too.
Lainey (08-23-2023)
Old 08-23-2023, 06:39 PM

The following 2 users liked this post by zeroptzero:
jukngene (08-24-2023), robb (08-23-2023)
Old 08-23-2023, 06:39 PM

We are planning to have wild caught Canadian sockeye salmon tonight. Our son had his wisdom teeth removed so he needs something soft to eat and he is sick of soup lol His ability to chew is getting better.
Health wise and healing he is doing well, a bit slow going as one can expect, thank you for asking. But our son is the poster child for the term "Hangry" , he is miserable as he can't eat what he wants, he has been like that his entire life but ten times worse with the surgery now. lol.

Many years ago we bought a sign that reads " I'm sorry for what I said when I was hungry" it has been posted in our kitchen and specifically refers to our son, lol.

The sockeye salmon was good for him tonight, he loves salmon, a few more days and he can start eating harder food, it is about protecting the sockets for him too.
My son had issue after his wisdom teeth removal, and our granddaughter had an experience with dry socket. It was not a pleasant experience for her. She followed the post op instructions, but it happens. It was most painful. So yes, we have to follow the rules....
zeroptzero (08-23-2023)
Old 08-23-2023, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Lainey
My son had issue after his wisdom teeth removal, and our granddaughter had an experience with dry socket. It was not a pleasant experience for her. She followed the post op instructions, but it happens. It was most painful. So yes, we have to follow the rules....
Oh wow, that sounds painful for sure. I wasn't aware it could end up like that, my wife is very careful making sure our son is following the recommended advice, but as you said it can always happen. He just finished his dose of anti-biotics, lots of cleaning and rinsing with suggested fluids, we will all be happy if it ends properly and fast.
Lainey (08-23-2023)
Old 08-25-2023, 04:27 AM

Received 3,671 Likes on 2,477 Posts

I might have to make a road trip to Legal Bill land. I was texting with him in the wee hours this morning about good French bakeries.
Supposedly there is a really good one out in Wellfleet ( out on the end of the cape) but that's a long drive for just a good baguette.
Old 08-25-2023, 04:44 AM

Received 1,511 Likes on 809 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
I might have to make a road trip to Legal Bill land. I was texting with him in the wee hours this morning about good French bakeries.
Supposedly there is a really good one out in Wellfleet ( out on the end of the cape) but that's a long drive for just a good baguette.
But they are famous for their oysters there as well. That would make it worth the trip for me!
Old 08-25-2023, 11:20 AM

Received 1,057 Likes on 540 Posts

Local tragedy happening here. Pastrami Dan is retiring if his wife lets him. There are 3 generations making the best pastrami sandwich ever. When we read this we sent our son to get some. The word went out and there was a line out the door. Guess what we're having for dinner. Dan's dad and I used to play Santa Claus. Hopefully Dan's son will find an new location and continue the art of pastrami sandwiches. Dan Jr is an old S2000 owner.

Last edited by fltsfshr; 08-26-2023 at 03:03 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by fltsfshr:
Honda 367 (08-25-2023), zeroptzero (08-25-2023)
Old 08-25-2023, 01:54 PM

Does your cardiologist know you eat pastrami? I've never acquired the taste for it.

Quick Reply: Foods you love to cook and/or eat