S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Free Windows 10? What to do?

Old 08-06-2015, 05:57 PM

Received 164 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by RMurphy
In fact, let's just start a debate over which is better:
Ford or Chevy. < neither
Paper or plastic. <depends
Bottles or cans. <for what?
Boxers or briefs. <who is wearing them?
Vanilla or chocolate. <ice ream, cookies, bars?

... Do you see my point?
Old 08-06-2015, 06:02 PM

Received 192 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
Time for someone to take a chill pill. I think all of the comments, pro and con, here, are meant with humor and in good will. After all, we all know each other pretty damn well.

Personally, I like Linux.
Take a chill pill? Good lord. Yeah, tell me to go get high?

*sigh*

There have been many times I have wanted to tell some people to stop whining, moaning, bitching and complaining incessantly about things that don't warrant it and I have never once told anyone to "take a chill pill." Nice.

*smh*
Old 08-06-2015, 06:27 PM

Received 164 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene' timestamp='1438912344' post='23706789
Time for someone to take a chill pill. I think all of the comments, pro and con, here, are meant with humor and in good will. After all, we all know each other pretty damn well.

Personally, I like Linux.
Take a chill pill? Good lord. Yeah, tell me to go get high?

*sigh*

There have been many times I have wanted to tell some people to stop whining, moaning, bitching and complaining incessantly about things that don't warrant it and I have never once told anyone to "take a chill pill." Nice.

*smh*
OK... forget the chill pill....

Go get some good bourbon.... sit back... sip a little... sip a little more.... kick back.... enjoy that beautiful sunset..... and come back her in the morning and we'll start all over again!
Old 08-06-2015, 07:24 PM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Ms. Murphy,

Don't take any of the comments personally. This is Vintage. We argue and disagree, but at the end of the day, we remain a reasonably close knit group. You've been here long enough to know what this forum is about. Put two old people together you have a discussion, three you have an argument and four, a war. Still, we all understand that and remain friends.

As for the thread starting on one topic and moving to another, that's the norm in Vintage. Vintage threads are like old rivers meandering as the water slowly moves along, always in a different direction. Somehow, though, it always manages to get to the end. It is only natural for a thread here to start as a discussion of Windows10 and evolve into a debate of Mac vs Windows. That is the nature of the beast, and I would be surprised if it went any other way. I too find the meandering frustrating at times, but if that's what the participants want to talk about, so be it. That is the purpose of an open forum. And that is the purpose for Vintage.

I'm sure no harm was meant by the chill pill comment other than to suggest that whatever it was that was being discussed wasn't worth getting excited about.

It's late and I'm going to sleep. Good night.
Old 08-06-2015, 07:27 PM

Received 1,417 Likes on 770 Posts

^ Thanks, my friend, for so eloquently saying what I meant.
Old 08-06-2015, 08:13 PM

Received 5,008 Likes on 3,028 Posts

In fact, let's just start a debate over which is better:
Ford or Chevy.
Paper or plastic.
Bottles or cans.
Boxers or briefs.
Vanilla or chocolate.

... Do you see my point?
No.
Old 08-06-2015, 08:20 PM

Received 5,008 Likes on 3,028 Posts

Murph, the only one that seems to be getting upset where the thread has gone is you. In the end, who cares. No one is going to run out and change machines and operating systems based on a couple pages of comments in a car website.
Old 08-07-2015, 02:04 AM

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,577 Posts

As our Grant would say - "much ado about nothing."
Old 08-07-2015, 02:38 AM

Received 2,554 Likes on 1,541 Posts

I am totally convinced! Murph has partially convinced me to see the errors in my ways...Today I'm going out and buy a new machine with the CPM operating system on it!
Old 08-07-2015, 04:43 AM

Received 2,796 Likes on 1,638 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
Murph, the only one that seems to be getting upset where the thread has gone is you. In the end, who cares. No one is going to run out and change machines and operating systems based on a couple pages of comments in a car website.
^
Agree. When I started this thread I made the comment of "don't tell me to buy a Mac" or something like that. It really was just a joke and the subsequent comments regarding Mac vs Windows don't bother me at all. It's not much different than the Canon vs Nikon argument.

Now, I still haven't updated either computer, maybe this weekend, but I should check my printer compatibility before updating my PC. This AM my iphone was searching and searching for a network, (and it was already connected to one) and the battery was draining rapidly. I finally turned it off and back on and it's all better. Damn gadgets. I can't keep up.

Quick Reply: Free Windows 10? What to do?