S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Honda Ridgeline

Old 03-29-2005, 06:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Honda Ridgeline

This weekend I traded my S2000 for the 2006 Ridgeline.

Check it here: [URL=http://automobiles.honda.com/models/model_overview.asp?ModelName=Ridgeline&bhcp=1&Brow serDetected=True]

I always told myself that when it quit being fun I would get rid of my S and the time has come.
I have had two S2k's and was burned out on it I guess. It was not as much fun as it used to be - I guess I was tired of being in a small tight area and always needing more storage space for my daily driver. It has been a blast. Definitely the "most fun to drive car" I have ever owned or I would not have bought a second one after I wrecked the first one!
I will still check in here on the topics now and then. This site and especially this forum have been part of my daily internet addiction for several years. Thanks.
So long but not goodbye!

Marc
Old 03-29-2005, 08:31 AM

Received 2,618 Likes on 1,583 Posts

Gosh, Marc - sorry to hear this!! But you obviously needed to make a move. You are one of our main sources of jokes, so keep 'em coming!
Old 03-29-2005, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm with Marc on this, having had two S2000's as well, daily driver for ALMOST 5 YEARS , it's time to move on to a ridgeline, so next year , when my lease is up, it'll be time...
Old 03-29-2005, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems a little rash, but it's your decision.

Why not just buy a used SUV or something for the days when you're not in the mood to be cramped?

I agree that the S2000 would get old as a daily driver after more than a few years (6 months in my case), but I sure would miss not having it around on days when I was in the sports car mood.

Let us know how it feels to take a drive in your pick-em-up truck on a gorgeous 70 degree Sunday on your favorite stretch of twisty road. I'm sure you'll be looking for a sporting fix by mid-Spring.

Maybe get a motorcylce -- $5k can get you a nice sport bike .... and you can transport it in the back of your new pick-em-up truck.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:08 AM

Received 2,618 Likes on 1,583 Posts

Blair - say it ain't so!!!
Old 03-29-2005, 10:34 AM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey guys, FYI... www.ridgeliner.com is run by the same staff as s2ki.com (I think).

Nice truck. Not something I'd trade my S for, but I certainly understand the point you guys are making. Mazel tov, Marc, and don't make yourself scarce just because of the car!
Old 03-29-2005, 01:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Honda 224 GTS,Mar 29 2005, 01:08 PM
Seems a little rash, but it's your decision.
You may be right about wanting one in a few weeks when the weather gets warmer, but it also is the right time to be trading in a car like the S2000. They gave me considerably over "book value" for the '04 S. It was even more than I had in mind as a good trade.
Thanks for the kind words.
Marc
Old 03-29-2005, 01:19 PM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Honda 224 GTS,Mar 29 2005, 02:08 PM
....I agree that the S2000 would get old as a daily driver after more than a few years (6 months in my case), but I sure would miss not having it around on days when I was in the sports car mood. .....

63 months and 63,000 miles for my daily driver....

The habit is definitely not getting 'old' but I am.....
Old 03-29-2005, 01:49 PM

Received 436 Likes on 313 Posts

It sounds like the disillusioned S2K drivers are increasing in numbers. I don't know about this. I guess you really have to be a convertible aficionado to keep it for the long haul. When I had my Spitfire, I loved it but I had to get rid of it when I was in college due to my parents' concern about safety issue. I regretted it ever since and now that I have one, I won't get rid of it as long as I can help it. But everybody is different I suppose. As long as you are happy, that is alright.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:01 PM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

I hope to keep my S forever, but I do understand Marc and Blair. I think the S could lose some of it's charm as a daily driver. I know I'd feel at a loss for its lack of space and capacity. Sometimes I might not be in the mood for the exhaust noise and sometimes I might want to be pampered instead of challenged. Luckily, I have my beater and my S remains special. It is hard for any car, and especially a sports car, to be all things to any person all of the time.

Marc good luck with your truck, enjoy it. Just because you no longer have the S doesn't mean that you're not Vintage. You are very much a part of our group. Come by often and stay a part of our group.

Blair, you still have a way to go. You might want to consider getting your Ridgeline to "go along with" instead of "in place of" your S. Think about it.

Quick Reply: Honda Ridgeline