S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

WTFCBD????

Old 05-20-2019, 09:57 AM
Former Moderator

Received 610 Likes on 373 Posts

Opinions are changing with the bonafide experience of sick people. Influence from the 30s reefer madness hate campaign resulted in the banning and/or retarding of research trials on medical marijuana in the United States for decades. Right now the US industry is far, far behind world research on cannabis. Also quite honestly one can't really trust the clinical research on the benefits of new drugs to be approved in the US. I have watched the routine as practiced by bought and paid for testing centers...here in the Houston medical center. And there are hundreds of reports about returning veterans whose only legal remedies involve pain medications that are ultimately extremely harmful over the long haul. Many reports confirm the efficacy of cannabis in treatments for such trauma, particularly for veterans...
The following users liked this post:
Langelo DeMysterioso (05-27-2019)
Old 05-20-2019, 10:07 AM

Received 1,193 Likes on 926 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
Lots of opinions on whether it works or not, too bad that the bible thumpers just can't separate the notion of CBD and full blown cannabis.
I would not blame it all on that. Most of my family read the bible and believe in God, and many (inlcuding myself) agree on medical marijuana and a good number (including me) agree with full recreational legalization. I have a lot of friends who believe in God and a lot that do not, and can say I have seen both sides fall on both sides of this debate.

Personally I am even on the fence of legalizing all drugs from a possession standpoint. I dont know how much more proof we need that the "War on drugs" is ineffective, has even caused more issues and is just a means collecting more taxpayer money to support said "War". It is a failed experiment and always will be, much as prohibition was an utter failure at keeping people from making and selling alcohol.

I am 100% against "hard" drugs like meth, heroin, etc but am also 100% against a placebo "enforcement" that does nothing but fill up jails and cost us money. Sure, if you catch someone selling hard drugs, bust them, but spending billions of dollars on stings, going after cartel members in other countries, etc seems like a huge waste to me, as we sure have not put much of a dent in anything

But back to cannabis, yes, a lot of this was spurred by people decades ago and their scare tactics, along with the grossly misled belief that the law in some way, shape or form is related to right and wrong or safe and not safe. That is so far from the truth is is pitiful, but still today people will accept a much more dangerous drug (alcohol) because it is legal Yet they will call cannabis the devil weed simply because it is classified as a "drug". Want to really blow those peoples mind? Talk to them about it over coffee, and then point out that the coffee they are drinking is habit forming and is a stimulant ... aka, just as much a "Drug" as many other things out there. But it is "ok" cause its all legal!!! Lol