S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

How to clean vomit inside car

Old 10-29-2004, 05:43 AM
Former Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd still want to use an extractor. You aren't really cleaning the carpet. Just wait until your first window up, top up day in the sun.
Old 10-29-2004, 06:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ubetit - it should be fine because that stuff actually kills the enzimes that contribute to the oder - it does not mask the oder like frebreeze

glad to hear it worked DJ
Old 10-29-2004, 08:04 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DJSang,Oct 28 2004, 03:47 PM
I've used the Kidsnpets brand cleaner just now, and it seems that the smell is gone. I've used it on everything, vinyl, leather, and the carpet. So far so good. Right now I'm letting the stuff set in the carpet, will soak up with a dry terry cloth later.

Thanks guys...
congrats!
another thought...

once you have the smell under control be sure to use a good cleaner and then a preservative meant for the parts you are working on-
i like vinylex and 303 on vinyl
and i like townsends or lexol on leather (for the leather you should use a cleaner and then a separate preservative)
Old 10-29-2004, 12:26 PM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Careful with the leather. I want to reiterate what wanabe just said...

I realize you were talking about the carpets, DJ, and that's fine. Leather, however, can easily be stripped of its top layer. Make sure to clean it and then condition it with leather products when you feel it's all "better." Lexol leather products have a good rep.
Old 10-29-2004, 12:46 PM

I'd also suggest taking it one step further and actually take the passanger seat out of the car to make sure you really clean up everything good.
Old 10-31-2004, 07:37 PM

I went for a drive the other day, and the smell is still there, plus the spicy smell from the kidsnpets brand stuff. I think I just got used to the smell. Asking a friend, he immediately noticed the smell. I think I'm going to rub it in the carpet once more, and will have to remove the seat. I tried before but the bolts are impossible to budge.

After that I'll have to get the carpet professionally shampooed. This is proving more difficult than I imagined...
Old 10-31-2004, 08:38 PM

The bolts aren't that bad, but you gotta tap the wrench with a mallet if you want to make the job easier. I've pulled my seats out several times and find that simply hitting the butt of the wrench a few times, even with just my bare hands, breaks the bolts loose. Tugging on the wrench makes the job damn near impossible.

And to prevent this in the future, carry a vomit pan under the seat..
Old 11-02-2004, 06:03 PM

We sell a product that traps the odor very well, all you do is spray it on and let it dry, maybe 2-3 applications. This product we use for smell removal on leather, but it works just as well on carpet. As a matter of fact...

We just did 2 sofas with human urine and cat urine and both smelled like new leather by the time they left the shop.

PM me if you would like more info...
Old 11-03-2004, 05:37 AM
Former Moderator

You can put all the enzymes/odor blockers/odor trappers on that carpet that you want. That odor won't go away permanently and you still haven't "cleaned" the carpet. You need to remove all those little bits-n-pieces that you rubbed into the carpet trying to use those other products. Find a professional with a hot water extractor already.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:24 AM

what about the Rug Doctor you can rent at most Supermarkets

Quick Reply: How to clean vomit inside car