S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

New orbital coming soon

Old 03-20-2007, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New orbital coming soon

Damn...always something new to consider.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?L1..._1005&SKU=10685
Old 03-20-2007, 07:08 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

saw it and my first thought was .... why????

i do get it, but never had a problem with "tight places"-
this one's gonna get my "pass" -

their catalog is an addict's nightmare! have to always read it... and then get on the web for my fav detail sites- to feed the habit !

hi my name is wanabe... been detailing for way too long.
its been 30 minutes since my last touch of the stuff...

oh, yeah- i try to kick it. and usually just give in.

12 steps???

. . . . . . . . . . . .
Old 03-20-2007, 07:17 PM

Well I've retired the old porter cable to the wood shop and the new machine is set for 6" pads so I figure this will make a good companion......

I wish 12 steps were enough...but I figure rehab is for quitters!!!
Old 03-20-2007, 07:18 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lol-

and i am waiting for your report and test of this machine.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:37 PM

You got it...hope it works as well as its big brother.

I know a lot of folks are always busting on Griot's, but he's always done right by me and this last situation in December when they sent me the wrong stuff seems to make the case as to why I will continue to do business to the forseeable future.

I had order some replacement gallons of speedshine, wheel cleaner, rubber cleaner, interior cleaner and they send me leather cleaner, creeper, and an oil extractor. So I call them up and ask what the heck....

They apologize and send me my order UPS overnight along with a $75.00 gift certificate. When the shipment arrives they call the house to follow up and offer me the leather cleaner, creeper, and oil extractor for no cost to boot.

I'm planning on saying thanks in return by using the $75.00 towards the new orbital.

Sometimes it's more than the price that gets my business.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:39 PM

Yeah. I'm going to pass on this one too. I just use 4" pads on my PC to get into tight spaces. Seems to be easier than having a second machine on hand.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kctheflish' date='Mar 20 2007, 10:37 PM
You got it...hope it works as well as its big brother.

I know a lot of folks are always busting on Griot's, but he's always done right by me and this last situation in December when they sent me the wrong stuff seems to make the case as to why I will continue to do business to the forseeable future.

I had order some replacement gallons of speedshine, wheel cleaner, rubber cleaner, interior cleaner and they send me leather cleaner, creeper, and an oil extractor. So I call them up and ask what the heck....

They apologize and send me my order UPS overnight along with a $75.00 gift certificate. When the shipment arrives they call the house to follow up and offer me the leather cleaner, creeper, and oil extractor for no cost to boot.

I'm planning on saying thanks in return by using the $75.00 towards the new orbital.

Sometimes it's more than the price that gets my business.
Griot's finds some interesting items before they become generally available elsewhere. The price reflects the service, but that's OK with me because the service is A1. I've bought a few things from them, and will continue to do so.

The latest catalog has a "detailers bag" that looks like a great way to carry polishers, pads, towels, and supplies to the car. I think Richard is about to get some more of my money.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by RedY2KS2k' date='Mar 21 2007, 11:02 PM
Griot's finds some interesting items before they become generally available elsewhere. The price reflects the service, but that's OK with me because the service is A1. I've bought a few things from them, and will continue to do so.

The latest catalog has a "detailers bag" that looks like a great way to carry polishers, pads, towels, and supplies to the car. I think Richard is about to get some more of my money.
I think if you look around customer service is something a lot of detailing stores do very well. This is great for us of course.

Also, I think if you look around some more you'll find the products offered by Griot's are not very unique and can be bought elsewhere at lower prices. Just my personal experience with the company.